Try to speak english dude!

CarstenJoe

Lt. Commander
Good evening everyone,

well, this is our first 'english only' thread. If you want to be a part of our conversation, than you have to speak correct english (not this "r" "u" or noob, luuza etc). We will discuss about everthing - for example pc-news, public-news or something else.
I'm sorry because of my bad english but my old teacher has some medievally (=mittelalterliche) methods to teach these wonderful language, so i hope i'll learn it by doing. ;)

Well, ähm what is our first subject which we will descuss, got someone an idea? if you ask me the new physX sli technology is a good one to begin.

link: https://www.computerbase.de/2006-10/ageia-legt-grundstein-fuer-physx-sli/

----

So das war der Anfang. Ich hoffe die Fehler halten sich in Grenzen und wenn nicht tut es mir Leid aber Übung macht den Meister. Bei deutschen Ergänzungen oder Kommentaren zu anderen Beiträgen bitte mit roten Strichen deutlich trennen. Wenn ihr mit einem anderen Thema starten wollt, können wir gerne darüber reden. Ich bin für alles offen.

So weit.. hoffe es klappt so wie ich es mir dachte...

(für grammar nix haftung) :freaky:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I think instead of "theme" you meant "subject" ;)

And "technologie" -> "technology", it's easy isn't it :D

Thanks, it is fixed...
'technologie' :D I thought like a german guy at this moment. :freaky:

@ Mods..
I know you will missing my own meaning about the physx-sli technology but first we have to choose a topic(=thema) which we will discuss. ;)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I like this thread and the idea only to talk in english, but I think to wirte is much harder than talking in english.

I would prefer to talk about Off-Topic-Topics(:lol:), because it make no sence to post in german and later in english under the same topic.

But it's ok.

I don't like the marketing from AGEIA. For homeuser it's to expensive to buy 2 of this cards and a motherboard wich supports as much PCIe Ports as demanded.

I'm sorry for my bad english...

The whole concept with the physix cards makes no sense for me. The cards cost about 250 €
and only accelerate the physic´s calculations which displays some more details. And this details are not so awesome that i need a physics acceleration card.

I think it will be by newer CPU´s oder GPU´s. Maybe AMD and ATI will roll the dice and will discover a new way of physics acceleration and graphic acceleration combined in one chip.

sorry for my bad english. I´m still in school ^^

We will see!

Don't worry about your english. Nobody is perfect. Your skill will increase by using it. I have to use it everyday, because my english is much mighteer than my french (which I'm learning in the meantime :D ). But I'm far from being perfect or even being good...

@"topic": The main problem ist, that none of manufacturers manufacture cards, when noone uses them. There is actually no market for the physics accelerator cards. This is due to the lack of software using it. One the other hand, the programmers won't set up their programs with a (perhaps) sophisticated code just to support a few gamers, who own such cards.
Especially with the arise of multicore cpu's and the increasing amount of instructions for them and even higher "brute force power" e.g. AGEIA gets competition by the cpu manufacturers. Remember the demonstration of Alan Wake on a quad-core cpu.
But they are not the only enemies for them. Even the GPU manufacturers are making plans to use their GPUs (the G80 will have something like 700Million transistors) as a unit for such calculations. So you can decide to use one powerful card in your system as the main graphics card and e.g. the old one ,you used before, as a physics accel. card or to buy a seperate card for doing this job...

In anyway, the customers will decide which way the industry will go in the future .

When I think of motherboards with 3 PCIe 16x slots, I have a bad feeling, in what direction this will go in the future...

@Sty!a

I've got the same meaning like you. The new CPU (quadcore) will be able to calculate the same detailfull graphic without a physX card. In addition these cards are momently to expensive but i think there will be cheeper next year...

I'm still at school, too. ;)

I'm still at school, too;)

The new generation of cpus (qc and multi cores) will never calculate the graphic as detailfull as a GPU or physix card. Maybe the next generation of GPUs will calculate it fster and better than physic cards...

@HiRoh
...cheaper...

@_DJ2P-GER_
I'm at school to, but it's a doctoral school :D

@topic
A nonspecialized card or CPU will never be as good as a specialized physics card. But, it is in your system for free, e.g. if you have four cores and so on.

"... methods to teach these wonderful language..."

should be "... this wonderful..." ;)

shuKa schrieb:
"... methods to teach these wonderful language..."

should be "... this wonderful..." ;)

You are right! I haven´t seen it while i was reading the first post! :rolleyes:

Hey guys,

i think my experiences in hardware components like physx-sli are not this spectacular to authorize me to discuss with some real experts like some other ones in this thread. But the hole keynote wherefore this thread has been started was an decisive factor for me to answer.

I think my english is not this bad but I think every chance to improve my experience is a good chance i can´t leave.

so long and thanks for this great idea,

13thAngel

Well people, good idea to practice us in english. Future will show where we have to put this thread, but i think we'll take it to the Treffpunkt. We'll see.

The topic may be a little bit difficult for some people. Perhaps you have to decide to select an other topic that is more for the public. I think it is not so important what we talk about. Sure it has to be an interesting topic, but as the first target we have to practice our english.

Learning by doing is the best method to teach yourself in an other language. I will observe this topic in the hope of learning something, and if my time permits it, i'll sometimes write a little bit.

Right, good idea. Both of them...the thread and to start the discussion on another topic.

@topic: At the moment, I think, that these cards won't sell that much. But maybe they can take this technology a few steps further and integrate it onboard. Not everybody wants to have 3 or 4 cards (SLI, Highend-Sound, Physics) just for gaming.

@ Stewi
'Treffpunkt'? What does it mean? :p

Back to topic :)

Yes you're right. The topic is a little bit difficult but it was only to start this thread. In future we will discuss and talk about everthing else. I thought it's a good idea if we write/speak about a topic for one day.

An other alternativ is to determine 'topic-days'. Monday - News, Thuesday - Cars, etc.

so far

@Götterwind
:D In france?
An other alternativ is to determine 'topic-days'. Monday - News, Thuesday - Cars, etc.
I think this might be interesting, but it's not easy to swap the topic each new day and someone must remember waht topic should be discuss on wich day.

Back to topic - to wich topic?:D Any ideas?

Well, I think the 5th birthday of apples ipod might be easier than physix-cards...

_DJ2P-GER_ schrieb:
Well, I think the 5th birthday of apples ipod ...
Please don't! I'm so fed up with iPod here and Apple there. It's not like they invented something new. To be honest, I do not understand why iPods are so popular.

Personally, I'd love to argue about movies and TV series (preferably from US TV).

morph027 schrieb:
So what about topic weeks? :D

Topic Weeks? In my mind a very good idea!

Well, I think the 5th birthday of apples ipod might be easier than physix-cards...

Yes you're right but what do you want to say over it? Congratulations to apple, and now? :)

so far

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
This thread is a very nice idea, HiRoh!

I'll increase my english skills as well as i have a lot of fun by reading the thread :lol:

I had english for more than seven years, but i think my english is very bad...

I'am looking forward to the next year, because i will visit the U.S.A for three weeks and i hope my english skills will increase.

In my opinion, it is not very interesting to discuss technical topics... It's much more funnier to just say what you want...

so far

Black-Crack

-----

Ich hoffe mal, mein englisch kann man entziffern :freak:

Zurück
Oben