Try to speak english dude!

I agree with the others. The topic is not so good. It would be easier to talk about a new film or maybe a new game. I have an idea: "Why do you prefer Forumbase?" I think it's easy, also for those who are not interested in something like phsyx technology ;)

---
ich bin momentan in der 10. klasse und habe englisch seit der 7.; also bitte nicht zu streng sein ^^ irgendwie fällt mir das reden und lesen auch leichter als das schreiben...

What we will discuss now? It would be harm if the thread will goes down.

Who was already in London? I was in Eastborn last summer with a
Language journey organisation called JürgenMatthes.

I've been to Brighton and London. At work I have to deal with American and English customers and I'm told my English is quite good. I was taught English in school for 7 years but what really improved my English is the fact that I watch movies and TV series in English only since a couple of years now. Also, I read English news and do some chatting in English on a regular basis. I avoid the German language when it comes to things I do in my spare time, so to speak.

Wow .. what a logically way to think 'bout it.
Quad-Cores will give all needed computations to future games, because games will never have to use 4 cores at once. So there's a leak for additional power we can use to calculate thoose physix stuff to use the full power of future Quadcore-Technology.

Might the future be with you :D

I never visited London.
In the last summer i visited a close friend in san francisco. We did some sightseeing through california, las vegas and of course the grand canyon.
He lived in oakland at mills college. I stayed there for about 5 days and we had to talk only in english. So i had to use my shool english for coming around. But actually i figured it out quite fast.

What about your travel experiences. Why don't we talk about the holidays.

Why do all of you have friends outside of...Germany :D

I've been in London a few years ago - school exchange ;)
I think London is very nice to visit, but for me there is too much hustle and bustle like in every large city ;)
Visiting the local Laserworld there was much of fun - like Counterstrike with real people (but nobody had to die :p)

Hello :lol:
Let´s talk about games. Computer games.
I´m in form 9 at a gymnasium (??) and I am also interested in learning english by doing.
Which game has got the best graphic, but runs at low-tech computers ect.

Wfg (with friendly greats?^^)

It depends on, what you define as "low-tech" ;)

Rayman has cute graphics, but i don't know if you are meant for this game ;)
Quake3 doesnt'nt need a high performance pc, and you will have lots of fun with it...but...you're still not 18 :D

The NFS series has nice games, such as NFS4. And older Geforce4 and about 1,5 Ghz - and you're in :)

More suggestions? ;)

CounterStrike Source is my favourite game. And also Guild Wars Factions.
At the 27th of October Guild Wars Nightfall is avaible. *happy be*
Woohoo...it will be great. Tomorrow I am going to have Dsl6000 =)
So long...

WfG

LOL You guys rule...
Why don't we copy our English tests into this? I got a 2- mark (in the german grading system 11 points) in the last one so I might be proud of it, wether you guys aren't as "good" as me...
Of course those who don't go to school anymore are pinched in their bottoms but they can make fun of us pupils. ;)

---

hi hi hi

cu ced2

I'm sorry for disturbing your conversation about games but the Topic today is:

"Have you ever been in London?" (or another state, city where you have to speak in english)

;)

Hm bad idea, haven't got any english tests anymore ;)
Why should anyone make fun about the english skills?

For your good test, i'm reaching you a ribbon and a lollipop :D

edit: sorry, nobody answered me - thought the topic was already closed ;)

I've been in London last summer.

I really like the city, but it was very cold and windy. Very intersting was the quiet big underground, but every thing was easy to find.

Do we have topics for every day or do we decide it every day new?

I have been there twice...what a lovely city (but very expensive). I've really enjoyed my stay. And I try to get there asap...

And in due it's such a big town, I can't decide, what I like most, but my favourite place is Camden Town with Camden Market and Camden Lock...So bloody amazing *whooooa*

I never have been in London but i want to visit it.
In two years, when I am 18 i will fly to London and do a sightseeing-tour :D

MFG Miggi

I have never been in London and I'm not interested in. But in spring, I was in San Francisco. It's one of the most beautiful cities all over the world, I think. The Golden Gade Brigde, the Cable Car, China Town and the harbour of the city is wonderful. Also Las Vegas is amazing, you feel like a little fly if you walk through the "Catwalk". It was not difficult to understand the language there because they try to make it easy for the tourists. ;)

never been in london yet as well :( but i'd love to go there somewhen ... even though it's pretty expensive

till then i keep my english updated by talking to us soldiers and their families who are living here ... by the way: writing english is much more easier than actually speaking it so better train both ;)

Zurück
Oben