Podcast episode url not recognized

o_spring

Cadet 1st Year
Hi,

I am french and I can't speak well german, so I will write in english...

I am using firmware 6923 on my Noxon IRadio (and 6921 before that..).

Since recently, I can't hear french Podcasts of Radio France, for example "2000 ans d'histoire" of France Inter : http://radiofrance-podcast.net/podcast09/rss_14864.xml
witch is available in the standard list of podcast of the noxon (in france => news => France Inter)

I can see the episode list on the Noxon but when I select an episode, nothing happens and a few seconds later the noxon says "not found". However, when using other podcast players like Itunes or Winamp or evn by extracting the url from the rss feed, the file is there and i can retrieve it.
Maybe it is a problem with the URL witch is a little long, like :
Code:
http://rf.proxycast.org/m/media/273073201426/c=divertissement/p=France+Inter+-+Le+fou+du+roi_10048/l3=20091125/l4=/http://media.radiofrance-podcast.net/podcast09/10048-25.11.2009-ITEMA_20205377-0.mp3

Is there a way to correct that ?

Thanks for your help,

O_Spring

English is fine :)

You for sure choose the podcast from the Noxon list?
Did you try adding the URL mentioned above manually to your favourites?

shaddi schrieb:
You for sure choose the podcast from the Noxon list?
Yes. The path is :
Internet Radio->Pays->Europe->France->Actualités->France Inter->2000 Ans d'histoire

shaddi schrieb:
Did you try adding the URL mentioned above manually to your favourites?
I have manually declared the podcast in my "myNoxon" online favorites, and the problem is the same
I have tried to put the episode url in the local favorites and it did not worked...
This kind of URL seems to be the problem....

Ye, you are right, I have the same problems here. Even adding the URL to the my-noxon.net favourites did not help. You can see the episodes, but they do not play.

When I follow the link in Opera you can see the descriptions. But even there I can not find a link to the according podcast files. Am I too blind?

Hi O_Spring!

I have tested your desired podcast and I can confirm Shaddi's analysis.

It seems that the XML is not 100% correctly formatted. Some podcatchers (e.g. the Amarok Player) can read the path to the underlying MP3 file, and some (also the NOXON) can't.

o_spring schrieb:
Is there a way to correct that ?
Maybe you can send a comment to Radio France and ask them to correct the XML.

Regards,
Ben (aka Obi-Wan)
--
"These Kaminos, are they friendly?"

shaddi schrieb:
When I follow the link in Opera you can see the descriptions. But even there I can not find a link to the according podcast files. Am I too blind?

The link of the audio file is in the url attribute of the <enclosure> element of the XML. And this is correct. If you test the rss in Internet explorer 8 or in Firefox 3.5 the link of the MP3 is shown

I rather think the problem is with the url of the mp3 file itself that is not well read by the Noxon. I have put the direct mp3 url in my favorites and the Noxon do not want to play it

Ben.aka.ObiWan schrieb:
Maybe you can send a comment to Radio France and ask them to correct the XML.

In fact Radio France is not alone with this problem... I have the same issue with the podcasts of "Europe1" Radio.

o_spring schrieb:
In fact Radio France is not alone with this problem...
Hi O_Spring!

You're absolutely right. Recently I encountered exactly the same problem with a completely different podcast. Only one day after I had left my request to correct the XML syntax error on their feedback web page I could enjoy the podcast on my NOXON iRadio.
Therefore I encourage you to contact Radio France. And "Europe1" as well.

Regards,
Ben (aka Obi-Wan)
--
"Let's just say we'd like to avoid any Imperial entanglements."

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hi,
I started using my new Noxon iRadio today. The first thing I did was to update the firmware and the bootloader.

Then everything worked well except podcasts from Radio France.

I can confirm that Europe 1 podcasts work well form me.

I tried to listen to podcasts from Radio France in the standard list of podcasts but it didn't work. Then I tried to create the podcasts in myNoxon list by addind a podcast with the xml link copied from Radio France website, the episodes are listed, but when trying to read them, the message "server disconnected" is displayed after few seconds.

Theses podcasts can be read on itunes and my other software.

I have a question to o_spring : did you try to contact Radio France? Did you have an answer?

Many thanks

Zurück
Oben