Zwei Bildschirme - Fenster nach jeder längeren Inaktivität verschoben

k-millo

Ensign
Hallo,

ich habe aktuell bei einem Anwender ein Problem mit zwei Bildschirmen.

Er nutzt den linken als Hauptbildschirm und den zweiten als erweiterten Desktop. Wenn er einige Anwendungen auf den zweiten BS legt, so sind diese nach einer längeren Inaktivität (meist nach der Mittagspause) auf dem linken BS.

Der Anwender sperrt den Windows 7 PC per STRG+ALT+ENF, die Monitore werden NICHT ausgeschaltet.
Nach der Pause sind diese im Standby (2 Dell 22" BS, einer per DVI, der andere per VGA, PC ist ein Dell Optiplex 780), erkennbar an der orangen LED.

Das Problem tritt nicht bei kürzerer Inaktivität auf (z.B. Raucherpause).

Was habe ich gemacht?

Den Treiber für die Intel Graka (Onboard Q43/Q45 Chipsatz) neuinstalliert.

Ich habe aktuell keine Idee was ich noch machen kann, habt ihr eine Idee?

Viele Grüße
k-millo

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Tritt das Problem auch auf, wenn du einfach mal ganz stumpf den rechten Monitor ausschaltest?
Evtl. erkennt Windows den Monitor nicht wenn er im standby oder ausgeschaltet ist und verschiebt die Fenster deswegen dann wieder auf den Hauptmonitor.

Sowas hab ich auch noch nie gehabt.
Habe mal ein bisschen recherchiert und habe diesen Thread gefunden:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/8a9b5aa7-fe33-4e6d-b39b-8ac80a21fdc2/disable-monitor-off-detection-how

SOLUTION!

I have 4 KVM's here each running 4 computers. Never had a problem before with XP, Vista, Ubuntu, and even Win 7 Home, Pro, and Ultimate on ANALOG!

I fix computers for a living and this issue has drove me up the wall. I refuse to cut cables. I refuse to muck about in the registery unless its a last resort.

SO... today I had some spare time, was going to do some programming and decided to watch stuff on my monitor while I program like I usually do. And yes, I have noticed that after updating this system to Windows 7 this annoying issue happened. Well, my video wont stay where I put it. The windows all move to the 1 "remaining" analog monitor. When I go back, it REdetects the HDMI monitor but all my stuff is all slapped onto the 1 monitor. Not fun.

MY SETUP (all KVM's are RGB/Analog - ~14 years old called Starview from Startech.com - best KVM's I have ever used). Low cost, never failed me.

3 monitors W2442PA from LG. 1 KVM. 3 PC's. Each monitor has 1 VGA, HDMI, and DVI. I can switch between stuff from the front buttons as well (SOURCE).

PC#1, #2, and #3 (and sometimes #4) are all connected to Monitor #1 through the KVM and I switch between them through the keyboard. CTRL CTRL 1, etc.

PC#1 - Also connected to Monitor #2 through VGA. No problems ever with this machine.

PC#2 - No extra connections to the other monitors.

PC#3 - ALSO connected via HDMI to Monitor #3. (PROBLEM!!!) Its always the "new and improved crap"... HDMI :(

When I switch to any of the other computers all of a sudden it started doing the "unplug usb sound", and when I went back, "replug back in sound" and poof - ALL MY ICONS and WINDOWS messed up! Argh!!!

Ok, I'm smart - gotta be a solution to this. Let me check this thread. Its been months, Im sick of it. I'm NOT going back to XP because of this.

I read and read... I tried the Non PLug n Play monitor, didnt work for me.

I had an idea... as a technician I NEVER install MONITOR drivers anymore. EVER. Who needs them? Windows auto detects everything very well. PLug N Play works great!

I thought - what harm could come of it. I went onto LG's website and POOF - drivers for my monitors.... (I knew they existed when I threw the cd in the trash years ago! lol.)

I installed the drivers and LO and BEHOLD it NOW offers me...

W2442PA (Analog)

W2442PA (DVI)

W2442PA (HDMI)

W2442PA (DisplayPort)

[It used to only give me W2442)...

Hmmm.... its worth a try.... I updated the drivers and poof - both monitors instantly converted to the proper connection. I can swap back and forth with no problems. No "disconnect sound" or "Reconnect sound". Its a little faster switching than before but the beauty is.... it's working PERFECT!

PC#1 - Amd Dual Core 3.0Ghz, Sapphire Radeon 4870 1gb. MSI Diamond MB, Win 7 Home Prem.

PC#2 - Amd XP2600 Barton, Sapphire cheappie card

PC#3 - Amd FX 8150 8 "Core" 3.6Ghz, Onboard Amd Radeon 5400 HD Series video - multiple outputs onboard (Asus Mb) M5A78-M LX PLUS. Win 7 64bit Home Premium.

*** IN SHORT - INSTALL THE MONITOR DRIVERS! ***

Since technology changes quickly - make sure you get the UP to DATE drivers off your manufacturers website! That disk you got 6 years ago - I wouldn't trust it.

Everyone is focusing on video card drivers, microsoft drivers... but, no-one --myself included-- has ever thought about MONITOR drivers to tackle this problem!!! *gasp* Had an idea - tried it! Worked PERFECTLY! *gasp* lol. My video full screen on either monitor KEEPS playing, no flickering, no problems what-so-ever! I would LOVE to hear how many people this helps!

Im Endeffekt ist wohl die Lösung für ein paar gewesen die Monitor-Treiber zu installieren. Hab ich noch nie gehört, dass man das tun muss. Aber ein Versuch wäre es wohl wert.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zurück
Oben