ASUS P4T Rev. 1.07 With Intel i850 Chipset
4x 512MB PC-800-40 ECC Rambus Kingston Original
Leadtek A250 Geforce 4 Ti 4400
Creative Sound Blaster Live!
3-Com 3C905-TX 10/100Mbit Ethernet Card
MAXDATA ATX Mod-Case with cold cathode light

It starts with a complete cleaning and dismantling of the case:

(Click to Enlarge)

I enlarged the holes for the fan from 5 to 6 mm. It was realy hard to remove the burr :bonk: :

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

I decrease the hdd frame, so it dosen't disturb the look through the window. I restarted three times, after i found the right size. The line, which you can see, was my first try. In the end i cut off 5 cm and i had to drill new holes for the HDD.

(Click to Enlarge)

For the window, i used 4 mm acrylic glass and for the metal edge i used a U-profil rubber band. The MAXDATAN font has been painted in blue. my grandpa found some old blue colour in the garage, which looked nice and was made in the GDR :topmodel:

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

i didn't want use the big Targan PSU, so i cleaned the old one with compressed air and a brush. Every e-cap looks fine.

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

Every part of the case is painted and ready to put together:

(Click to Enlarge)

The size comparison between the Maxdata case (left) and the Thermaltake case:

(Click to Enlarge)

To found the right solution for the cablemanagement was not so easy. I cut out a little strip from the mainboard holder. After that, it was possible to lay some cables behind. The reduction of the HDD frame has an other possitive effect, now the ATX Power connecter fit better. To have not so much IDE cabels, i bought two round cables. For one cable, i cut off the 20 cm part and the other cable, i cut off the 30 cm part. So it fit perfect for ODD and the HDD drive.

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

And now, here it is! In the front and the back i installed a 80 mm Papst fan with 1200 rpm. For more effects in the dark i add a blue cold cathode light.

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

:rolleyes:: It was not my intention to use the same name. I just thought, because of the blue light, to choose the name Blue Leader.

And now, here is the light.

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

I have also made some benchmarks. For the benchmarks, I have aligned myself to the rules of 3dcenter.org. [Link]

cs_benchgdo47.jpg

q3_benchlirtt.jpg

unbenanntw9owq.jpg

ut_benchfyq3l.jpg

Zurück
Oben