ASUS G50VT - where to buy ? Wohin kann Ich kaufen ?

Anarch64

Hi,
First of all - I'm sorry for writting in english,
my german got a bit rusty since high school and I'm working hard on refreshing it, but still I don't think it would be readible.
I'm staying for the holiday in Germany and from various reasons I would really like to buy a laptop here - I've chosen Asus G50VT - X5 or X8 version ( depends on the price, but preferably X8 ) - I need laptop for studies, carryin to the uni and playing from time to time ( ok sometimes all the time ), so I think it would be a good choice.
The problem is - I can't find it anywhere ! Unfortunately I don't have any friends this year in US, so no way of bringing it from there.
I've had a look in some of german online shops - and they have only an older G50 with Nvidia 9700m.
I would be extremely grateful if anyone would have details of any shop / online shop where I could buy / order it. International warranty would be nice as well ( I live in Scotland ).
I'm staying near to Wiesbaden, Mainz, a bit far but I could reach Frankfurt am Main as well.

Once more sorry for the language,
Thanks,
Thomas

First of all: Is the Keyboard layout the same in scotland as it is in Germany? I'm not sure about that, just thinking it might be an obstacle. I wanted to buy a notebook in america but i'm glad i didn't because of the layout.

I've seen the G50 in a local "Expert" store, unfortunately it was still 1100 € and it only had the nvidia 9700m as well. So sorry i can't help you there, but i just wanted to give you a heads up about the keyboard.

I, myself, can only find the model with the 9700m, so that won't be what you're looking for.

I also wasnt able to find this particular model listed on some sites. Maybe you should check them yourself:

These two sites allow to limit the search to show only local stores:

Geizhals
Schottenland
-> Check for the term 'Abholung...' somewhere on the site (postal code required). The main purpose of these engines is of course to find the lowest price.

Two hardware shops with local stores in bigger cities:
Shop1
Shop2

Good luck

Welcome at CB.

THanks for the help,
unfortunately I can't find them anywhere,
SO I've decided to go for G51Vx or G60VX - a bit more expensive but they seem to be stronger.
Any opinions about them ? I'm not sure whether they have been already released - different informations in the web.

For the last 3 years Ive had italian layout of the keyboard with polish windows, and Ive got used to it - so i think i would survive german layout.
Do you know whether i can install english or polish windows xp ( eg download it from torrent ) but use the certificate key I get with my Asus ?

Thanks once more,
Thomas

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
i found an article which says it's gonna be released in September.
Also you'd have to pay 1700€ for this piece of technology. I don't know if all models are produced with a quad core cpu,i'd still recommend a dual core with a higher core speed. With a quad core at a low speeds you gain nothing.

Of course you can install an other windows version on your pc, but when you download an operating system via torrents you most likely won't have to worry about a valid key. They take care of the key issue ;)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thx for the answer :)
Well if I pay for the license I want to have a legal copy :) - just need to get another language version, and key is mine.
I've seen the laptop - G60 for 1349 in few shops -
eg
http://www.notebook.de/index.php?section=shop&group=1082&productid=21840
however it's not available yet,
I would definitely go for the core 2 duo, It's pointless to have slower quad for gaming.
I hope that this version is going to be released in August, so I can still buy it while being here.

Another (?) shop with some X5, G50, G60: Click

You should call them to find out, if and when they could deliver and if they give international warranties (note they dont have a local store).

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I've got answer from the notebook.de,
They've told me that they don't know the exact date when the G60 will be released - because Asus has some problems with the bios in the new G models.
Good thing is that they give international Asus warranty,
No clear answer about English version of OS - only that I would have to pay 150 €,
and 90 € for other keyboard...
I was surprised that they ve bothered to answer in english anyway.

I will email the another shop later today ( thx for the link Korgull )

Anyone has any idea when these laptop will be released to sales ?

Maybe some alternative - what would u advise ?

I like to play games...but I have to take it as well nearly every day to the uni to study and take notes during the lectures, so should be nice for games and a bit practical as well.
Thx,
Thomas

Zurück
Oben