• Mitspieler gesucht? Du willst dich locker mit der Community austauschen? Schau gerne auf unserem ComputerBase Discord vorbei!

Lost in Translation - Kojima klärt über "MGS4 ist eine Enttäuschung"-Interview auf

GraNak

Lt. Commander
Hi,

wie es scheint wurden Herrn Kojima in diesem Interview http://kotaku.com/381412/kojima-disappointed-with-metal-gear-solid-4 einige Worte in den Mund gelegt, die er so nicht gesagt hat oder Passagen auf eine Weise interpretiert, wie er sie nicht verstanden haben wollte. Zumindest meldet er sich jetzt zu Wort, um über den wahren Inhalt der Interviews aufzuklären.

On the internet, there's stuff saying "Hideo Kojima" isn't satisfied with the PS3. I'd like to talk about that today. I just got back from Paris and did 15 interviews and everyone asked me about it, did I say that. The meaning of what I said has totally been changed, made totally different. Today, I'd like to talk about that. Why did it turn into that? When I'm doing an interview, I answer in Japanese, and I can't control how the writer will interpret that into English... What I say is then translated in English, and the writer then changes that into their own words and writes that. So, right there, the meaning of what I say changes a lot.

I am Japanese, so I try to be modest. I'm an especially modest person. I dont wish to brag about it to say "I am the amazing Metal Gear guy" or to say "This is the best one", just like how Americans brag stuff like this... That's why i interview in Japanese, and Mr. Sai (translator) translates my side of the inteviews very well in English. Westerners do not have a tradition of modesty. And so, the statements are translated correctly, but the original meaning is totally different. And those statements are on a totally different website and the meaning totally changes. Regarding my recent comment about my disappointment with MGS4, the comments derived from the article "MGS4, Inside The Biggest PS3 Game" to the post "Hideo Disappointed with MGS4." It's become totally different. This was in English, and here's where it gets strange. Japanese readers then translated that in Japanese and put it on their websites, writing things like "Oh, the PS3 is dead." Then that spread through the internet and now people are writing things like "Hideo Kojima Is Making MGS4 on the PS3." This is no good... It's funny how others think "Did Hideo really say that?" then ask me, and my answer is obviously "No" but then... I guess I am responsible for all of the articles...

Now I'm going to say what I really wanted to say, and this is what I told those 15 reporters:

Let's say this developer is making hardware, in this case a game, and that hardware is at the level of a car. And when looking at the specs, the developer claims the car is able to fly. Now there is no stopping when you say, "This is a car that can fly." When you claim that it can fly, the speculation grows from "oh so it can FLY?!!!" And the developer would set his goals higher. The specualtion is that if the car flies, then it should reach a MACH speed...but it doesnt stop there...it'd go beyond the specualtion of then "it should go into space!" with all the excitement around, and the developer would go deeply into making the car going into space... however, he'll come up to the public and say the car reaches the MACH speed, but it fails to go into the space. But he shouldn't give up, because for a car to even reach a mach speed and go into air is revolutionary. I wished to convey my thoughts like that, but I guess it didn't work very well.

Recently I've been thinking about not giving interviews. That's not my job. My job is making games... The next time I interview in America, I will just say "MGS4 is the best, the end." It's not cool for a Japanese to speak so blatantly, and I don't want to say that. But if I don't, things like this [above] can happen... If you look at MGS4, I think you'll understand... MGS4 isn't exactly my property, so I don't have a total control over it and sometimes I get confused with it. Some may be disappointed the way I say things, but I do release the game with confidence. In fact that what I have been doing, not just this PS3 game, but my previous PS2 titles. I always reached for the higher goal and I try to go for it... Things like this often happen with Japanese newspapers. Where they take only the choice quotes. They don't change what you say, but the meaning's different, and the meaning changes. I'm always careful while giving interviews. Even in my company, im learning a lot about media training, but I wanted to do more than just that and here i am with the interview, but if things like above keep happening, I won't do anymore interviews. I don't get paid for these interviews at all. [jokingly] I won't do them anymore! I've decided! I'll stop doing my podcast! Like that.

Quelle: http://kotaku.com/5008653/americans-brag-ps3-no-letdown-kotaku-is-wrong

Der Autor dieser News hat dazu noch alles versucht Kojimas neuerliches Statement in die Lächerlichkeit zu ziehen und die ganze Miesere ihm vorzuwerfen.

Ich habe keine Zweifel, dass auch Metal Gear Solid 4 wieder ein fantastisches Spiel von ihm sein wird und nach Release in ~1 Monat Spekulationen über eine mindere Qualität des Spieles der Vergangenheit angehören werden.

Ciao
GraNak

Bestätigt mich mal wieder in dem Punkt dass Japaner größtenteils echt den Schuss nicht mehr gehört haben. Wenn er richtig verstanden werden will soll er verdammt nochmal englisch sprechen, wie jeder normale Mensch es tut wenn er mit Menschen aus aller Welt spricht.
Aber Hauptsache mal den Westen kritisiert und sich an einer aussterbenden Kultur festgeklammert.

Der Autor dieser News hat dazu noch alles versucht Kojimas neuerliches Statement in die Lächerlichkeit zu ziehen und die ganze Miesere ihm vorzuwerfen.

Vollkommen zu recht, worauf will der Kerl überhaupt hinaus? Inwiefern wurde er missverstanden?

Jo, geb ich dir recht. Wenn ich mir den Text oben durchlese lese keine ausdrückliche Verneinung seiner angeblich falsch interpretierten Aussage. Er redet sich um Kopf und Kragen und kommt nicht zum Punkt ... Vielleicht is ihm MGS4 ja doch nicht so gelungen wie ers gerne gehabt hätte und is trotzdem stinkig ...

Die Wertungen werdens zeigen...
Einmal 100% hat das Spiel ja schon bekommen!

Das Spiel soll übrigens ca. 30 Stunden Spiel Spaß bieten. (nur Singelplayer)!

@ elSujetador )

Die Japaner haben deutlichst gezeigt, dass es absolut geht sich durchzusetzen ohne sich dabei verwestlichen zu lassen. Wer Erfolg hat, hat Recht und die Japaner haben maßig Erfolg im Konsolengeschäft.

Die Arroganz und Selbstgefälligkeit mit der du andren Kulturen begegnest, kotzt mich übrigens an.

@ sYslorD )

Was Kojima kritisiert hat an dem Interview war, dass seine Gedanken überinterpretiert wurden zu "die PS3 ist zu schwach" und "MGS4 ist eine Enttäuschung", wobei er nur gesagt hat, dass er zwar sich gewünscht hätte noch mehr realisieren zu können, jedoch auch ohne das Optimalziel zu erreichen trotzdem einen großen Schritt in diese Richtung gegangen ist.

@s010010
30 Spielstunden sind ja eine Menge Spaß.
Einfach nur geil dieses Spiel habe schon den 2. und den 3. Teil gezockt einfach mit nur guten Ideen hergestellt.

mfg

Zurück
Oben