Crash with WHEA during shader compile on 14900K in Lords of The Fallen

sew333

Lt. Junior Grade
Hi.

I have 14900K stock, 2x16GB DDR5 6800,rtx 4090,Seasonic Px 1600,SSD 2TB,Aorus Z790 Elite X

So.

Today i launched Lords of The Fallen and during shader compiling it crashed with WHEA LOGGER in event. Should i worry? Otherwise all is stable. Cinebench,games etc.Only in shaders first time compile. Screen: Internal Parity Error

screen:

sh.jpg

Like you see it throws WHEA during shader compile on first time.

Is my cpu ok?

I had 13900K and the same issue. Now on 14900K and new MB the same prob.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: JoeDante
are you sure that your memory is not the point of failure?
because you mentioned a change of board and cpu .. but memory might be transferred..

sew333 schrieb:
I had 13900K and the same issue. Now on 14900K and new MB the same prob.
Please read the latest news. There are known issues with late Intel K CPUs. Mainboards are being prepared to work with lower voltage and/or CPU clock.

The ever-increasing clock speeds of the past are causing errors. In some cases, even quicker degeneration of the CPU can occur.

Shader compiling seems to be at least one of those very heavy tasks ...

€dit:
Check your results with stock Ram clocks, beforehand. If the PC still crashes, read into the current changes of your motherboards BIOS.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: founti
Buildzoid did some Videos about this mess:
If you don't want to use the baseline-profiles (which can cost upto 12% performance), you can try to increase the "AC_LL" (Gigabyte) / "IA AC Load Line" (Asus) to a higher value, like Buildzoid suggests 70 - 90 (Gigabyte) or 0.7 - 0.9 (Asus). Watch the Gigabyte video how to do this with your Gigabyte Mainboard.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Tech-Dino
I had 13900K and the same issue. Now on 14900K and new MB the same prob.Also i bought new memory too

I dont have any other stability problems. Just in first shader compile it crashed. Second time was ok.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@sew333

I strongly recommend this guide:

https://wccftech.com/asus-intel-bas...te-14th-13th-gen-cpu-gaming-stability-issues/

This has solved my problems with Unreal Engine games!

BUT:
14900KS SP111 / Asus Z790 Apex (white) / Bios 2002

CB23: 41.628 points
CB23: 31.462 points (according to Intel defaults)

10.000 points performance loss!

But one option brought the performance back:

I have now only set the bios feature "IA CEP" to disabled and all other settings as in the guide
and thus reach 41,297 points!

Here are more informations about this "IA CEP" feature:

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/techn...h-gen-non-k-processors-to-enhance/ba-p/996643

I would first recommend these settings as in the guide if it runs stable then you can deactivate IA CEP.

Games like Horizon Dawn run with this guide according to Intel specifications just as fast as before "unlocked".

Edit:
I have to select "Intel's Fail Safe" instead of AUTO for SVID Behavior in the bios,
RoboCop: Rogue City will also run! (with AUTO game crashes).

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: cplpro
So what now? Update bios first and what then ? Update bios enable INTEL BASE line profile, and then disable CEP ? I have Gigabyte A790 Aorus Elite X Wifi7, board

Maybe this video can give you usefull informations:

Dont know GB Boards how they work.

GUYS, Updated to new bios and yeah no more OUT OF MEMORY ERRORS in REMNANT 2. WOW :) Even i dont changed limits. Only bios.

No issues now. But today i was on gigabyte site and they deleted that bios. Any ideas why? If its working stable

Because it pumps too much voltage on your CPU. I would suggest you follow buildzoids recommendations. you need a setting for AC load line that is not as optimistic als the old default one but not as aggressive as the one from the bios that got pulled. Watch buildzoids video.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: qiller
Exactly, he did some follow-up videos about that problem with gigabyte bios. Here's the shorter version:

Eh i installed new nvidia drivers and the same issue back. Wheas 19 during first shader compilation in Lords of the Fallen. Also crashing with out of video memory in Remnant 2 in launching. What should i do?

Edit Ok changed to PL 1 and PL 2 power limits to 253 . And Core Current Limit 307. No issues now.

But i have an question. When i am in bios. This looking like this:
Package Power Limit 1 - TDP ( WATTS )
Package Power Limit1 Time
Package Power Limit2 ( WATTS)
Package Power Limit2 Time
Platform Power Limit1 ( WATTS )
Platform Power Limit1 Time
Platform Power Limit2 ( WATTS )
DRAM POWER LIMIT 1,2
Core Current Limit ( AMPS )

So i am changing just Package Power Limit 1 - TDP (WATTS ) to 253
Package Power Limit 2 ( WATTS ) to 253
and Core Current Limit ( AMPS ) to 307

Did i change good?

Edit Ok changed to PL 1 and PL 2 power limits to 253 . And Core Current Limit 307. No issues now.
Before changing power limits ( AUTO ) my clock was 5700mhz. Now after changing power limits is balancing in game between 5270-5370mhz in game. Is this normal?

Last edited:

• Gefällt mir
after changing power limits P1 P2 253 and Core Limit 400 , i am finally resolved crashing. No crashing.

But today i after playing Remnant 2 i saw WHEA LOGGER INTERNAL PARITY ERROR. 1 event.

Someone recommend me going to HIGH LOAD LINE CALIBRATION.

So i raised Load Line Calibration from Auto to HIGH. Tested game no wheas.
But my question is . Is this possible that going to LLC HIGH resolved this? Thx

• Gefällt mir
Zurück
Oben