12900K and Rtx 4090 low usage on Far Cry 6

also run userbenchmark. its rigged toward nvidia and intel but can help compare same components
if your CPU performance is GREEN then its ok.

@sew333 is unable to use ingame controls. He needs absolution to buy new cpu.

Do you need us for this?
And ... even with 13900k you will not reach 250 FPS in Taiga (except you are using low settings).

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: mae1cum77
sew333 schrieb:
no frame limiters, no other apps in background
Please reread all comments, we've suggested far more than just this.
Ergänzung ()

sew333 schrieb:
You need to understand what a CPU limit is. You need to understand the differences in CPU and RAM configuration that lead to the discrepancies you're seeing in your performance vs online video performance.

Optimize your 12900k and RAM and you'll likely get higher fps in those scenarios.

Or just buy a 13900k. It seems like you just really want a 13900k. It's your money, you don't need us to validate your purchasing decisions.

But keep in mind: with a suboptimal RAM or CPU config, even a 13900k won't reach its full potential. So unless you learn those things, you'll be back here with another thread with the same question soon.

Seriously mate are you reading a single comment in its entirety?

Why should we invest our time here if you just trample on our efforts?

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: HisN und mae1cum77
ok thx
Ergänzung ()

In FC6 there is resolution scale. When i go above 1.0 my fps is still good ,on rtx 4090. I remember that on 3090 ti it was slow above 1.0. Also gpu usage is going up.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I have an question last question.

I have 12900K stock 4880mhz ( 60-70C in game )

32 GB 2x16 GB DDR4 3600mhz in GEAR 1

Palit Gamerock Pro OC rtx 4090

1300W Seasonic Platinum Prime

Aorus Elite DDR4 Z690

Windows 11 2H22. Updated new nvidia drivers.

I have performance question in Cyberpunk 2077

I used 1440P,DLSS QUALITY,RT PSYCHO,rest ultra for testing fps.
Test place was near hotel , when you leaving apartment in beggining on game and talking with Jackie.
So driving there in loop i have fps between 80-90fps with gpu usage 80%.

I compare the same scenario and place with someone with Rtx 4090 and 13900K and he have average 20-25 fps more than me, 100-110fps. Is this possible that 13900K is so fast or its my system ? thx
I have updated drivers.

You're using a 12900k stock with just DDR4-3600. Yeah, a 13900k with some tuned DDR5 will be quite a bit faster.

Your 12900k can also be faster if you tune your RAM closer to 4000MHz, with tighter timings and maybe a bit of CPU OC as well.

Which has been mentioned before...

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: sew333
I used 1440,RT ULTRA,rest ultra for testing fps.

And you know? All 3-4 modes of DLSS not working.

Dlss is not working. I am gettin the same scores and fps on all 3 modes of dlss. Any ideas? my drivers is up to date. DLSS Quality,performance,ultra performance ,no fps gain in benchmark and game.

I compare benchmark scores with youtube user and he got 160fps on that settings in benchmark, when me 115fps because dlss is screwed. Any ideas?

Here someone with Rtx 4090 and hes dlss AUTO is "working" in benchmark:

He is getting at start 165 fps. I have 115fps.

I have 12900K its not because weaker cpu. Even someone with 10850K have working dlss and higher fps on rtx 4090. I know he have 13900K so what :)? No offense ,but it should work with 12900K dlss easily. I mean between QUality,performance,ultra performance there is 0 improvement in fps. Not normal.

Hags in Windows must be active for dlls.
DLSS gives no fps gain in cpu limit

hags is on

I have 12900K its not because weaker cpu. Even someone with 10850K have working dlss and higher fps on rtx 4090. I know he have 13900K so what :)? No offense ,but it should work with 12900K dlss easily. I mean between QUality,performance,ultra performance there is 0 improvement in fps. Not normal.

sew333 schrieb:
No offense ,but it should work with 12900K dlss easily.
It is very simple. If the GPU load decreases with DLSS on then DLSS is working. Just compare your GPU load with DLSS disabled and enabled.
If the GPU load is under 98% with DLSS disabled then enabling DLSS won't give you any more fps.

yes with dlss on ,decreasing gpu load. But why on 13900K and 10850K gpu load was decreasing and fps was higher? In my pc fps is the same.

How high is the GPU load with DLSS disabled? You only gain fps via DLSS if the GPU load is between 98% and 100% with DLSS disabled.

gpu load 97% no dlss <benchmark>Dlss quality work<95% gpu load> . But dlss balanced,ultra performance not working. Only gpu load decreased.

So thats why i am asking why DLSS ULTRA PERFORMANCE or BALANCED working with someone with 13900K and 10850K.

sew333 schrieb:
Dlss quality work<95% gpu load>
If DLSS quality has only 95% GPU load then lowering the DLSS setting further won't give you any more fps. The GPU is already underutlized at DLSS quality and will just get more underutilzed with lower settings.

Ok so why why DLSS ULTRA PERFORMANCE or BALANCED working with someone with 13900K and 10850K.and rtx 4090 too ?
Ergänzung ()

But i have found something interesting on Rtx 4080.

On 1080P WITH DLSS and 1440P WITH DLSS the same fps. And that is with 13700KF. Look. Thx . Why it happen?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zurück
Oben