Rtx 4090 crash - driver or hardware? .The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm

sew333

Lt. Junior Grade
Hi. I have 12900K stock

32 GB 2x16 GB DDR4 3600mhz

Palit Gamerock Pro OC rtx 4090

1300W Seasonic Platinum Prime

Aorus Elite DDR4 Z690

Windows 11 2H22. Updated new nvidia drivers.

I swapped from 3090 Ti Gigabyte Gaming to Rtx 4090 Palit Gamerock. Never had single crash in games,apps on 3090 ti. All was perfectly stable.
Today i plugged Rtx 4090 Palit Gamerock. It passed 3dmark tests. But after i downloaded Watch Dogs Legion it freezed on loading screen and crashed.

1.jpg

2.jpg

2 errors.

1.display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered

2.The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
Error occurred on GPUID: 100

Happened once i testing now Watch Dogs Legion no crashing again since. But why it crashed? On 3090 Ti i dont had a single crash,nothing.
Rma card now or just keep it ?

I checked 3dmark speed way,port royal,quake 2 rtx no crashing.Drivers are newest. Also my memory is 100% stable because with 3090 ti was fine all the time.

But this :"
2.The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

\Device\Video3
Error occurred on GPUID: 100"

Leads me to that gpu is faulty? or not necessary?

Someone said:"I have to say a few words about this as I also had this issue (black screen and TDR error at idle) with an Asus Strix OC:

I am 100% sure, that this issue is at least partially related to the card hardware or the GPU itself for the following reasons:

I have returned the Asus Strix that I had this issue with and since then also had a Gigabyte Gaming OC as well as the NVidia FE in the very same PC and have not had this issue with the latter two cards at all, the setup being exactly the same otherwise. I had even tried the 12VHPWR adapter, that came with the Gigabyte card, with the Asus card to rule anything but the card out, but of course that didn't help for the Asus card.

I had tried dozens of things like you guys tried here in the thread, I tried with three different PSUs, I tried the card in two completely different PCs (AMD and Intel), with ReBAR on or off, with DOCP on or off. This is in my opinion all a waste of time. If you have this issue in idle, then you have a card that has an hardware issue and you probably better return or RMA it.

The only thing that "worked" for the Asus card was setting the power management mode to maximum performance, like many of you here have also experienced, which leads to the card consuming 60-70W in idle and constantly running at the boost clock rate instead of 210 MHz when idle.
I didn't need to set the Gigabyte card to maximum performance in order for it not to crash, nor do I have to do that for the 4090 FE.

Maybe this issue can be cured by a BIOS update or a driver update, but for sure the root cause is related to the card itself
."

So it can be my card is faulty , if root cause is related to the card itself?

sew333 schrieb:
The only thing that "worked" for the Asus card was setting the power management mode to maximum performance, like many of you here have also experienced, which leads to the card consuming 60-70W in idle and constantly running at the boost clock rate instead of 210 MHz when idle.
Test that and you know more. or just open a ticket where you bought that card or the manufacturer.

Happened today in launching Metro Exodus Enhanced.

So overall had 2 crashes during loading Watch Dogs Legion and Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition.
Not during game but loading.

2 errors on both.

\Device\Video3

Happened 2 times. Normally in games i dont have crashing but during loading that two games it throw it with this. It happened on 526.86 and 526.47 drivers. Should i rma my card?
I read that something with voltages?

Why are you ignoring the suggestions given so far?

If the card doesn't work right and you don't want to troubleshoot it yourself, then yes: RMA it.

I am gettin occassional crashing during loading games. Watch Dogs Legion ( happened 2 times ) and Metro Exodus EE. Never in game, but in loading . Happen from time to time. Is my card fine? I have PalitGamerock 4090 stock.

Here are always that 2 errors during crash:
2 errors.

\Device\Video3

It happened on 3 versions of drivers i tried.

Please go to a Computer shop. You are changing Cards like Pants and complain on every hickup.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Shinigami1
Zurück
Oben