How good is OLED Display on laptop long-term (for mostly office work and coding)

Hi All

Kindly ask you please pemit my post in English, I will understand answers as well in German, it is not a big problem, thanks

In the past I have heard that OLED are suffering of "burn-in" and "burn-out" issues after couple of years of usage
Is this problem with OLED does still exist.
Was it improved?

I am considering this laptop with OLED display Inspiron-16-7620-2-in-1-laptop with OLED display
[40,6 cm (16")-UHD+-OLED-Display (3.840 x 2.400), 60 Hz, mit Touchfunktion, weiter Betrachtungswinkel, 400 cd/m², ComfortView Plus]

https://www.dell.com/de-de/shop/del.../spd/inspiron-16-7620-2-in-1-laptop/bn76202sb

On Daily bases around 8-12- hours, I will mostly use it for coding and office work sometimes multimedia, films, clip, video watching
In your opinion, is it worth buying at the moment?
How long would it last without bur in\out issues?

How possible and costly is replace the OLED panel?
How possible and costly replace the mentioned OLED with UHD 400 nits 100% sRGB panel?
Do you know: does DELL in Germany covers with warranty its OLED panels and their burn in and burn out issues?

Thanks for your answers and support

Office is mostly static, so better use no oled.

There are technics to mitigate "burn in" but still it is a thing.

"In your opinion, is it worth buying at the moment?"

Yes, changing to OLED is a big step forward, at least it feels like one.

"How long would it last without bur in\out issues?"

All displays are consumables, every displays suffers overtime.

"How possible and costly is replace the OLED panel?
How possible and costly replace the mentioned OLED with UHD 400 nits 100% sRGB panel?
Do you know: does DELL in Germany covers with warranty its OLED panels and their burn in and burn out issues?"

Things you should ask Dell and not some nobodies in a forum.

Oled Displays consume more energy, so if you use your Laptop in battery Mode, keep an eye on the running time

Has any body experienced this with IPS panels?:

Oled hat großartige Vorteile, aber halt auch Nachteile, das sollte sich jeder Bewusst machen und dann entscheiden...

Bei der Massierung der Toten Pixel gerade am Rand, da hab ich mich natürlich gleich gefragt, was haben die da für ne scheiße gebaut bei dem Hersteller?
Irgendwie riecht das nach Panel eingeklemmt oder so, wodurch der stress am Rand größer ist.

Zurück
Oben