Hi dear users. I have had an problem.

My pc:
10850K stock 4800mhz stock Kraken X73 good temps
2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP
Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium
Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC
Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming
1 TB SSD

I bought machine and plugged in march 2021.

Week ago…i launched Metro Exodus and after cinematic when is press E button part pc just shutdown. I rebooted again and its fine again.

My question is. It was psu issue or maybe other hardware?

i am running now game and no shutdowns. Happened today once. Also i have pc until march 2021 and thats like today never happened.

Is psu going just bad,rma or what you recommend for me. Thank you

ps:
ps:
I repeated launching game maybe 300 times again and no shutdown.

So my shutdown was not related to OCP protection? It happened when i launch Metro Exodus in advertisement part ( 30 fps ).Happened once and i cant reproduce. Also I don’t have to flip switch on the back psu. Just pressed power button in case to boot pc.

If i run without issues that apps: 3dmark fire strike, port royal, wild life, time spy, Unigine Heaven
Quake 2 Rtx, Battlefield 5 , Watch Dogs Legion, Cyberpunk 2077,Ghost Recond Wildlands, Crysis 3 remastered, Crysis 1 Remastered, Metro Exodus Enhanced, Cod Vanguard, Control <-- 24 hours without shutdown. Its fine?

I have a TX750 and no Problem with 3090 and better Hardware.

sew333 schrieb:
My question is. It was psu issue or maybe other hardware?
That's basically impossible to say from your description.

When you write 'shutdown' do you mean 'black screen and nothing happening'? Or do you mean bluescreen?

You could try looking at the even viewer to see if there's any entries (especially right before the shutdown) that might give you a clue one way or another.

Another thing to try would be to reset all overclock settings to stock and see if it still happens. This includes any XMP profiles on your memory.

Hello sew333,

uninstall the display driver with DDU and make a clean install with the latest display driver.

If your system is overclocked, I recommend, you reset your bios to default settings.

You need to know that some parts are more likely build to be overclocked and undervolted and some not.

Best regards

Versich deine gpu zu undervolten und schau ob das problem weiterhin besteht. Falls nicht dann würde ich mal ein stärkeres netzteil nehmen

If the problem won't occure again than leave the system like it is.

But if you want to make sure, it won't happen again, try the steps I recommend you.

Last question. So my shutdown was not related to OCP protection? It happened when i launch Metro Exodus in advertisement part ( 30 fps ).Happened once and i cant reproduce. Also I don’t have to flip switch on the back psu. Just pressed power button in case to boot pc.

If i run without issues that apps: 3dmark fire strike, port royal, wild life, time spy, Unigine Heaven
Quake 2 Rtx, Battlefield 5 , Watch Dogs Legion, Cyberpunk 2077,Ghost Recond Wildlands, Crysis 3 remastered, Crysis 1 Remastered, Metro Exodus Enhanced, Cod Vanguard, Control <-- 24 hours without shutdown. Its fine?

So issue with shutdown not repeated all working fine. BUt i wanna ask. Is any chance that this shutdown was caused just in a bug from game or driver issue ?? Thanks

Either a bug or a problem with the display driver. It's not possible to give you a 100% correct answer.😉

But again. It is always good to have an up to date system and again, not every machine, every part, every system are running fine when overclocked and undervolted so it's better to run the parts, the system in default mode.

If I were you, I would still proceed with the steps

I installed new drivers yes. Hope that occured only once.But is this a chance that was caused by glitch bug in driver?

Could be or could not. Again. Impossible to give you here a 100% correct answer.

I write to Seasonic. They answered me this:"
Like previously said, it's not a PSU issue yet you keep asking on all forums and even to us.
It's not a power outage as a longer one enough would have triggered all your devices and not only the PSU. PSU got a holdup time that allows it to work even with a micro outage. So once again, your issue happened a single time, cannot be replicated... Call it an issue with either a software, driver, any other hardware and simply enjoy your computer."

See?
Leave the system now like it is.

And don't worry too much.😉

@Admin: Bitte Thread schließen. Vielen Dank.

Zurück
Oben