Ist dieses Glasfaserkabel nur für Kabelfernsehen, nicht für das Internet?

SharpThunder

Hallo, ich bin in eine neue Wohnung gezogen. Vor dem Umzug habe ich Kabelinternet, aber im Moment gibt es nur DSL und es ist nur ADSL 16 Mbit, weil es keinen Port gibt fur VDSL.

Letzte Woche kam ein Techniker, um den Fernseher aufzurüsten und das Glasfaserkabel mit dem Keller zu verbinden. Gibt es eine Möglichkeit, Kabelinternet mit dieser Glasfaser zu verbinden?

Hier ist das Bild des Glasfaserkabels.

Hardware: Kathrein XON65.BFN, Kathrein VOS 137/RA

Vielen Dank.
1650641434261.png

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Titel auf deutsch, but the thread is english? Why not konsequent one sprache?
Now you want to connect the TV via fiber with the cable-modem/switch?
Which TV has fiber?

I think you mixed some things and now its difficult to understand whats the real point. The picture is kind useless without showing the ports.

Spillunke schrieb:
Titel auf deutsch, but the thread is english? Why not konsequent one sprache?
Now you want to connect the TV via fiber with the cable-modem/switch?
Which TV has fiber?

I think you mixed some things and now its difficult to understand whats the real point. The picture is kind useless without showing the ports.
Mein Deutsch ist nicht gut. Ich habe versucht, Google Translate zu verwenden, und bin gescheitert.
Ich frage, ob Kabel-Internet möglich ist?

The photo shows a cable/coax connection with amplifier
You should be able to get cable/coax internet there, ISP is probably Vodafone

Try the availability check (Verfügbarkeitstest in german) for your adress on the german vodafone homepage
https://zuhauseplus.vodafone.de/verfuegbarkeitspruefung/

If it available purchase over a reseller (Not Vodafone directly) to get a (much) better price

highwind01 schrieb:
The photo shows a cable/coax connection with amplifier
You should be able to get cable/coax internet there, ISP is probably Vodafone

Try the availability check (Verfügbarkeitstest in german) for your adress on the german vodafone homepage
I checked it already, unfortunately there is only DSL. I already tried Vodafone for 250 Mbit but my request cancelled twice because they cannot connect it and they offered Gigacube, so I tried Telekom they say for 250 Mbit, i have to wait a long time. I think because there is no port in neighborhood for VDSL.
I got excited when i see fiber in my basement however i guess it is only for cable tv.

The type of data you're able to receive or send is not dependant by the cable (or else: fiber). Your ISP (and therefore your contract) is responsible for the type of data connection, for example: "Voice and Data" or "Internet Only".

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Millkaa
Hi,
pls check your adress here:

"Glasfaser" is not the same as cable.
In Germany, these are two different types of connection. Cable Internet is available from Vodafone or regional providers, for example. You can get DSL and VDSL from many providers: Vodafone, Telekom, 1&1 and many more.
Then there are fiber-optic connections, where Telekom, Vodafone and regional providers are also available.
However, these are three different types of connection. Theoretically, a house could be supplied with Internet via normal copper lines, cable and fiber optics.
If fiber optics arrive at your house, you cannot get cable Internet via them. However, a cable connection seems to be available. Therefore, click on the link from Vodafone and type in the address.

Its only for TV.
Fiber Internet would look like this. 1TV 2+3 Internet

Anhänge

• F6E63725-A76A-4E4D-AC21-593564530603.jpeg
    F6E63725-A76A-4E4D-AC21-593564530603.jpeg
    1,9 MB · Aufrufe: 103
  • CADA51BB-AD9D-49BD-B5F8-00ADBA7C967A.jpeg
    CADA51BB-AD9D-49BD-B5F8-00ADBA7C967A.jpeg
    2,9 MB · Aufrufe: 102
Giggity schrieb:
The amplifier can also Upstream, so its usable for Internet, too. Maybe its from another ISP than Vodafone. Pyur?

rezzler schrieb:
The amplifier can also Upstream, so its usable for Internet, too. Maybe its from another ISP than Vodafone. Pyur?
I guess Pyur is not available in BW or Umkirch. I checked my postcode.

SharpThunder schrieb:
Is there a possibility to expand from this box if i ask the ISP?
There probably is - do you know your cable (TV) provider? Usually it is Vodafone but there a few small local ones aswell

highwind01 schrieb:
There probably is - do you know your cable (TV) provider? Usually it is Vodafone but there a few small local ones aswell
When I check from Vodafone website, it is available.
"Dein TV-Anschluss funktioniert über unser Netz aus Koaxial- und Glasfaserkabel. Verbinde die GigaTV Cable Box einfach mit der Steckdose und Deinem Fernseher. Und genieß unbegrenztes Fernseh-Entertainment in perfekter HD-Qualität. "
I guess now I need to talk with Vodafone, landlord and maybe hausmeister.

1650646644474.png

Also here is the picture of the box. I guess they left one more cable for internet purposes?

Honestly, that doesnt really look like Vodafone / former Unitymedia hardware...

If isnt Vodafone, perhaps try https://stiegeler.com/

Any neighbours in the house or living next to you that you can ask?
If you're not the only one living there, you won't be the only one approaching that problem.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Nore Ply
highwind01 schrieb:
Honestly, that doesnt really look like Vodafone / former Unitymedia hardware...

If isnt Vodafone, perhaps try https://stiegeler.com/
No result from stiegeler, It is Vodafone probably.
blastinMot schrieb:
Any neighbours in the house or living next to you that you can ask?
If you're not the only one living there, you won't be the only one approaching that problem.
I will ask housing management company.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: highwind01 und blastinMot
Zurück
Oben