Noxon iRadio will only connect to files on local network and not to online radio

kleverlaan

Dear all,

My German is not that good, I hope it is ok to write this post in English. I've searched for English fora that discussed issues with Noxon iRadio, but I couldn't find them. I hope someone here can help me with my (annoying) problem.

I have a Noxon iRadio for a while now and it was always working fine. A week ago it suddenly stopped playing streaming online radio stations. The error message was "track not found". At first I expected it to be a problem at the radio station (new streaming url, server down), but I couldn't contact all the other radio stations either.

I am not able to browse through the list of online radio stations or online podcasts, and also not to check for a new firmware upgrade through the iRadio.

The strange thing is, that I am still able to play music from my local network (NAS or other computers).

The internet connection is still working (I am writing this message through the same wireless network), so that can also not be the problem.

I have two wireless networks/accesspoints in my house and I've tested both of them with the same result -> 1) I can connect to the network 2) I can connect to my NASother computers to play music 3) I can NOT connect to online radio stations, firmware upgrade, etc.

I've experimented with DHCP on or off and adding a gateway (my router), but that was not working.

I've also upgraded the firmware from 3.8.36.6921 to 3.8.36.6923 (Beta link I found on this forum), but that changed nothing.

Some background information:
  • Terratec Noxon iRadio
  • Firmware 3.8.36.6923 (At the moment it stopped playing, it was 3.8.36.6921, but I upgraded it to check if this would solve the problem)
  • Connected through Wireless network (Tested two different networks: WPA2 and WPA)

I am stuck now. What do I forget?

Any tips/ideas what I can do next?

Many thanks in advance!

Ronald
Ergänzung ()

I've tried to reset the iRadio to factory defaults. That didn't work.

I have the same problem with the Noxon iradio these days. It stops and cannot find the channels, today for some time and the past days for a full 24 hours. I tried everything similar to what Ronald describes and then called the seller who said it must be kaput and to send it back. Some time later they told me it was because the Noxon server had been offline. I was quite engry. Why don't they say something about it on their website so you don't waste so much time in trying and trying again and resetting etc.
Marieke

Zurück
Oben