I have been trying to reinstall windows 10 for 6 days now

.finn

Hey,

I've been trying to reinstall my girlfriend's PC for 6 days now, but nothing is working. I have already tried to install Windows 10 times on her computer, but it just doesn't work.

I have now installed Windows 10 on an new ssd. But then the problems started again.

The problems:

No updates work

sfc /scannow does not work

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth does not work either

you can't install any programs most of the time you don't get any error, but if you get something it's something from the program itself and doesn't give you anything that helps you further.

and more, i can get more specific in the comments but i'm tired

with sfc there is a hash mismatch and DISM.exe does not run at all.

I uploaded the logs to pastbin.

(https://pastebin.com/YpUa9wxT)

Then I tried to reset your PC with Windows itself, it doesn't work at all via the cloud and we get the error that we should try again from the local device.

But this doesn't work either, it stays at 1% for several hours.

Then we have tried many other things such as sfcfix by niemiro, but the program itself has an error on the PC and does not work either. even if we try to install something it does not work. then we found another fix for the Windows updates.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak

ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

After that the updates worked again for the most part but the whole system was still broken even after several updates and still nothing worked.

I have already written to Microsoft support but they don't help either and say that they have no idea what the problem might be.

I know a lot about PCs myself but I just don't know what to do anymore.

if i have missed any information please let me know

Thanks for any answer

Please write down, which kind of hardware is installed, included manufactor and the name of the product.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: aragorn92 und Terrier
Hello and welcome to the forum,

how are you trying to install windows?
Did you create an installation USB stick with Microsoft's MediaCreation tool?

What hardware is installed in your girlfriend's computer?

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Terrier und SSD960
On which hardware are you trying to install which version of Windows 10? Is the installation media created with the latest Windows Media Creation Tool?

.finn schrieb:
I have now installed Windows 10 on an new ssd. But then the problems started again.

What problem exactly?

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Terrier
sloven schrieb:
Please write down, which kind of hardware is installed, included manufactor and the name of the product.
I can't do that until tomorrow because she's asleep now and I don't want to wake her up

but what I know is that she has a processor from AMD with a G at the end and a 5 at the front, but I don't know exactly. A 4060 from MSI. An MSI mainboard, I don't know exactly which one. 16 GB ram. and an a Samsung SSD 870 EVO

I'll definitely give you an update tomorrow when I know more
Ergänzung ()

bart0rn schrieb:
Hello and welcome to the forum,

how are you trying to install windows?
Did you create an installation USB stick with Microsoft's MediaCreation tool?

What hardware is installed in your girlfriend's computer?

Yes, I tried but it didn't work at all, then I tried with an iso and Rufus. but no success either.Then I tried with an iso and ventoy but nothing worked either

.finn schrieb:
I have already tried to install Windows 10 times on her computer,

ok did you created a clean installation medium?

it not:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

and create an installation medium on an empty DVD or USB drive

• start with this installation medium
  • start the setup with extended options.
  • delete ALL partions in the menu, where you select the space, where windows should be installed. WARNING: ALL Data will be lost on this PC
  • select the now unallocated space for the installation
  • Install windows
  • do NOT login in any online accounts while the Installation prozess - create an offline account for this pc first
  • finish the installation process

Now try to run updates.

the work now? if no, please send us the error codes
also send us a screenshot of the device manager, if there are problems.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: LukS
Sebbi schrieb:
do NOT login in any online accounts while the Installation prozess - create an offline account for this pc first
additional advice: do not enter your wifi credentials when prompted. On some windows versions (ex: win 11) that'll force you into an online account at a later stage of the install. Microsoft disables the offline account option when the machine is already connected to the internet.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: iron_monkey, garfield0603 und K3ks
To give it a start, you may go to the bios setings and set the bios to default. These changes can be redone if windows setup starts and your are able to install a proper windows version.
At least you may try the suggestions of the members here and use the ms tool to create a proper usb stick with the latest windows 10 version. What about win 11?

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: K3ks
sloven schrieb:

Mainboard: ASRock B550M Pro4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
RAM: 16GB 2 sticks
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 4060
ssd: Samsung 870 EVO

What does "i bios reset helpe" mean?

Zurück
Oben