Underperforming in benchmark using DLSS Ultra Pertformance on 12900K and rtx 4090. When someone not on 12700K.

sew333

Lt. Junior Grade
Hi. I have 12900K stock

32 GB 2x16 GB DDR4 3600mhz

Palit Gamerock Pro OC rtx 4090

1300W Seasonic Platinum Prime

Aorus Elite DDR4 Z690

Windows 11 2H22. Updated new nvidia drivers.

Question about Cyberpunk 2077 benchmark.

I used 1440P,DLSS ULTRA PERFORMANCE,RT PSYCHO,rest ultra for testing fps. No frame generation,no dlss3. Only 1440P ,DLSS 2 Ultra Performance. In benchmark i have 124 fps average. I compared this with someone with 12700K,DDR4,Rtx 4090 and hes average is 144fps and have 25fps more. Any ideas why i have here low performance? Here is him run:

Like i said i have 25fps less than him using dlss ultra performance. Is this possible that because i have epic version ? He have game on steam. Thx
I have only epic in background and thats all. All other programs closed. And why i have 25fps less in score and benchmark? No other cpu resources programs.

every chip is different. you have probably another case, maybe different cooler, slightly different settings, soe random stuff running in the backrground
sew333 schrieb:
o other cpu resources programs.
check taskmanager. there should be about 1000 threads, which all consume cpu time occasionally

why even bother? ist only 25FPS and you are well over 100FPS

Your GPU ist another than in the Video. Did you fact check a comparison between that 2 exact Models?

Also his Ram is faster, there might alsso be a bit fpa gain, also he may have optimiesed his Windows Settings in hours of trial and error.
also might just use high performace energy profile of windowss and maybe overclock the CPU to the brim without mentioning.

Also have you checked that you have the EXACT same Setting ingame ? every single one. And then every single one driver setting... all the ones from the nvidia control panel - maybe he uses there less quality Settings.

Can you absolutely confirm, that every tidbit of setting is the exact same (not only ingame)

With dlss quality its ok. Its only with dlss ultra performance problem.

ok, probably you are in a cpu limit - maybe because of your ram or his cpu just runs a bit faster...
Ergänzung ()

Just forget it and GAME!

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: madmax2010
win 11 he have 12700k stock, rams ddr4 3600
i have 12900k stock, rams ddr4 3600

2 Different Motherboards can be 2 totaly different "stock" states. Its just the way Intel Designt theyr CPUs and The "rules" in the last 10+ Years ist may also differ from Bios to Bios.

And also The GPUs ... even 2 with the same Model Number from the same Bordpartner differ in Performance.

Not even considering different Cases with Different Fans and Number of them and Different In Cas Temperature, Different Fan Control Settings, Different Room/Environment Temperatures

We just cant judge that difference! you have waaaaaaay to few Infos. someone may be getting the gist of it, IF he is sitting in front of Both at the same Time and Monitoring all, Software, Sensors and Update Status etc.

Just forget it and game :-)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: sew333
Also when i am using Path Tracing ( today was update ) and dlss quality 3 and frame generation my average fps is fine,130fps on 1440P. So i will be using that then
Ergänzung ()

Alexander2 schrieb:
2 Different Motherboards can be 2 totaly different "stock" states. Its just the way Intel Designt theyr CPUs and The "rules" in the last 10+ Years ist may also differ from Bios to Bios.

And also The GPUs ... even 2 with the same Model Number from the same Bordpartner differ in Performance.

Not even considering different Cases with Different Fans and Number of them and Different In Cas Temperature, Different Fan Control Settings, Different Room/Environment Temperatures

We just cant judge that difference! you have waaaaaaay to few Infos. someone may be getting the gist of it, IF he is sitting in front of Both at the same Time and Monitoring all, Software, Sensors and Update Status etc.

Just forget it and game :-)
ok danke.

PS:Enshuldigung ,sorry for my language i am not german , and my english is bad. :) But thx all for helping:) danke shun :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zurück
Oben