Can led bulb damaged trip breaker?

sew333

Lt. Junior Grade
Hello. Today first time something tripped breaker in my house. I mean i was sitting on Windows 10 desktop ,like always and i hear BUM from fuse box. And power go down. Pc turned off.
I have that pc almost 1 year and something like that never happened. I think there was not circuit overload,because all devices was off,like tv,washer etc. Only pc was on. And nothing get damaged. Anybody have clue why it happened?

To turn back power again i change breaker to up of course. And its fine again.

PC:
Aorus AD27QD
AORUS PRO Z390-PRO GAMING
Aorus 2080 Ti waterforce stock
2x16GB DDR4 GSKILL XMP
9700K STOCK
Seasonic TX-750W TITANIUM PLUS PRIME

Never happened with that pc in whole year. Also pc is stable during full load etc.
Today i just browsing internet and power goes down with tripped breaker.
Pc working like before again. Weird any clues?

Then.......i go to bathroom and saw that one of 3 led bulbs no lightning. So it get burned. So that was propably that led bulb?

Can led bulb damaged trip breaker? -> Yes.

well it can happen that a breaker tripps without any cause or something from outside. Overvoltage or something what disturbed the breaker. That can also killed your LED.

also it is posible that the LED broke down and trips the breaker

----
because of the many possibilities, what can trip the breaker without any causes in the house, i like my old power system with fuses :D
No problems with the inrush current, short overload does not trip anything, and the fault protection switch saves me if i do something stupid ;)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Sorry it was halogen bulb in bathroom. 2 lightning,one not. So it was that halogen bulb ?

can be the cause yes, but we can't say it for sure.

Normaly if a normal light bulb burns out, they not will trigger the fuse / breaker, but sometimes it happens cause the plasma of metall creates a current flow like a short ciruit with a very low resistance, so the breaker / fuse trigger imo.

3 years ago in oven small bulb get burned out and tripped breaker. So yes they can.

Zurück
Oben