Hello, I am the PM for Dan Cases at Caseking. Full disclosure to end all conspiracies:
The process is straight forward:
- I order the products
- I get a rough estimate of when the goods are produced and ready to ship from Daniel
- I set said estimate + 6 weeks for shipping as estimated delivery date
- production ready date for the cases was 28th of October, hence the earlier shipping date
- it's Q4 and the craziest time for the year, at least in IT, container spaces are rare, take longer to book and overall workload is way over 9ooo at the moment
- I asked Daniel at the 4th of November when the cases will be ready since I didn't hear from him or Lian Li (where the cases are being produced)
- he told me they should be ready and I needed to ask Lian Li
- I asked Lian Li and our Taiwan office which handles the shipping logistics for Asian suppliers on the same day but didn't get a response until the 14th of November that the cases are ready to be shipped
- our Taiwan Office tried to book a container, but the ETA was very close to Chrismas, which are public holidays in Germany and storage fees at the harbor are horrendous, thus the container needed to be delayed to arrive as early after the holidays as possible
I know it sucks and I am way from pleased for them not arriving in Q4 this year either, but there is literally nothing I can do to change it or could have done to get them earlier, other than give you my apologies for the delay. What sounds easy in theory, is often a bit more complex in reality. The transition from v4 to v4.1 also didn't help to with an earlier re-stock, but the upgrade should be worth the wait. Our capacities to de-load containers between Xmas and New Year are limited to a certain amount of containers and these were already previously booked. We are getting more than one container from Lian Li and Lian Li is handled by a different PM, meaning he sets his dates independently from me. To be fair to our service, they don't know all the details for every single shipment, all they see is the date was changed, which is usually because the goods from the manufacturer are not ready when they were supposed to or have delayed shipping because there are no open spaces from the forwarder.
Edit: the current date already has more security margin that it will most likely end up having, ETA at port Hamburg is the 10th of January and it usually takes 4-5 working days to arrive in Berlin.