undervolting 5800x3d

Jacks.

[ Please fill out the following questionnaire completely so that other users can help you efficiently. Thanks! :)]

1. Please tell us your current hardware:
(Please actually list here and don't reference signature as some don't see it and hardware changes)
  • Processor (CPU): amd r7 5800x3d
  • Random Access Memory (RAM): 32 gb crucial ballistix 3600mgz
  • Motherboard: Asus ch VIII hero wifi bios 4201
  • Power adapter: seasonic focus gx-850
  • Housing: cooler master h500m
  • Graphic card: asus strix 3080ti
  • HDD/SSD: 1t samsung 980 pro
  • Other hardware that is obviously related to the problem (monitor model, cooling, etc.): cpu cooling lian li galahad 360 -monitor samsung odyssey g7

2. Describe your problem. The more precisely and better you describe your problem, the better we can help you (additional pictures could be helpful, for example):
i'm trying to undervolt 5800x3d with pbo2 tuner but it's not working at all i tried from -5 to -50 but nothing
idle is 43 under load is 90 cb r23
everything is up to date
Capture2.PNG

3. What steps have you already taken/attempted to resolve the issue and what did it do?
it's like it's not applying the setting i enter the only thing that works is on the limits > temp limit i can set it to 80 and it apply and it works anything else is not working,i did flash back to bios 4006 and tried but got nothing ,i followed the steps here 5800x3d-owners
but still i did bios rest ,re flash everything

PS: Also note the various pinned topics and the forum search. You may already find the solution to your problem there.

i know that you can't do it in the bios just check the link 5800x3d owners
it's possible via software in windows

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
The links states, PBO undervolting is not working yet. For 5800x3d specificaly. This was in april, but doesn't seem to be solved so far.
You might want to try putting a power limit, of 80w for example. Or a newer BIOS for that matter.

Jacks. schrieb:
i'm trying to undervolt 5800x3d with pbo2 tuner
For what reason?

90°C under load is to be expected. Especially using R23.

put a power limit through bios ? or pbo tuner ?
for temps check the pic it goes to 90 c in cb r23

for what is the 58003dX in use ? Gaming ? Video ?
Cinebench is a Benchmark , what Temps have the CPU in Games ?

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: cutterslade1234
I have the same idle Temp., but my cinebench temp is not going over 82°C. Seems to be everything is fine and yes UV does not work for the 5800X3D.

psy187
i wanna use it for all of that and still didn't try it in gaming yet
Make_2009
mine shots to 90 c in the middle of the test if it was like yours i would be fine with it and as soon as the test end it goes down to 70 very fast which means it's really not an aio issue
btw what cooler and paste you use? i'm currently thinking of using thermal grizzly

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Jacks. schrieb:
for temps check the pic it goes to 90 c in cb r23
I am well aware of the temps displayed in your screenshot. As well as countless other members are facing them, while those are high values/numbers, AMD is stating they are to be expected. The CPU does boost up to that temperature on purpose.

Brute force AIO cooling, extrem fan speeds in the case or expensive paste is not really solving this (non-) issue. Its about the heat under the heat-spreader, which cannot be controlled. As you say, it decreases really quickly after the workload has ended. By design.

so you say that i have to wait for amd to come up with a soultion for this or wait for some tool like pbo tuner to be fixed to work for this cpu and there is nothing to be done ?

I mean cb r23 is not the normal workflow for a 5800X3D ^^!

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: metallica2006
i was able yesterday to get it under control with modifying the values in the limits tab didn't exceed 87c in cb r23 scoring 14200 no matter what values i enter in the curve tab it didn't do anything , i will be checking the mount for the third time i just ordered Kryonaut Thermal Paste for absolutely no reason except being very sure of everything

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zurück
Oben