Weird flicker in Control after hour of play on 2080 Ti.

sew333

Lt. Junior Grade
Hello. I have an 9700K stock and RTX 2080 Ti Aorus Waterforce Xtreme. Temps of gpu 60C in game. Cpu lower. My question is. Today i played Control and after 1 hour my screen was start light flicker , especially on walls and stairways in game.Hard to describe something like this here:

I have monitor AORUS AD27QD So i disabled GSYNC and enabled again and no flickering. So why it go away? But after some time it will appear again. I must reset GSYNC OFF ---> ON to remove that.

I installed new nvidia drivers 445.87 and now it not appearing after some time. Can new driver fixed that or just luck?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
well, depends if it is a driver bug, which seems to me because if you say you just have to disable and re-enable GSYNC and it's gone, there must be an software related issue f.e. the driver.

So long story short: Yes, a driver can fix it... well to be honest and a "new" driver can also cause such bugs you'll never know.

Anyway i am on newest drivers and this not happening anymore, so take it easy ?

Last question. Somebody said that this can be problem with monitor gsync module. Yes?

Somebody said that this can be caused by faulty gpu or monitor. It can be true or not?

i saw a light flickering/pulsing on grey walls in game Control when fps was 45-55fps and in Quake 2 RTX on 49fps.

I disabled GSYNC flickering gone,also i enabled again GSYNC and still gone ,fine. My question is is this normal that reenabling GSYNC helped? And why i had flickering on such fps?

Hey guys. Can somebody answer me. Why i had that flickering on 445.75 drivers? To remove that flicker i disabled gsync and enabled again.

I installed 445.87 and flickering in Control gone.

Zurück
Oben