DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D and OC-Wear PC3200/PC 4000 Big Twins Ultra

Ricky78Ita

Cadet 1st Year
Hi guys,
sorry i don't speak german (nur ein bisschen ;) ).
I have got a DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D and i would buy the 2x1GB OCZ EB PC4000 Platinum.
I know they work at DDR400 at 2-3-2-5 and they can reach 220 (this is my target) at the same timings and... they can reach this timings in the DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D in the yellow slots.
In the orange slot near the cpu i haven't got space because i have a Zalman 7000CU-Led like you can see:

(The ram modules are the 2x512 G.Skill 4400LE TCCD)

It's 20 days i try to find the OCZ but they aren't available in the shops on line and they say (In Italy and Germany too) the distributors haven't an arrival date.
A reseller said to me that if i want there are the OC-Wear PC3200/PC 4000 Big Twins Ultra:

PC 3200 2-3-2-5 and PC4000 3-3-2-8 (like the OCZ).
The problem is that i don't know this brand and the chip are different (Infineon for OCZ) : they work at 2.8 v instead 2.6v.

Is there anyone who has the 2x1GB OC-Wear PC3200/PC 4000 Big Twins Ultra with the DFI NF4 Ultra-D?

I would like to know the two things i postes before:

1) Do the reach rock solid 220 (DDR440) at 2-3-2-5 with 0 error under Memtest for 4 hours?

2) In the yellow slots of the DFI?

Thanks...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
220 2-3-2-5 with an Asus SLi Premium will be the same.
I have this motherboard too.

Thanks

Hello and welcome @ Forumbase
Ricky78Ita schrieb:
I know they work at DDR400 at 2-3-2-5 and they can reach 220 (this is my target) at the same timings and... they can reach this timings in the DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D in the yellow slots.
The Dimms you choose are quiet OK. They have to reach DDR 440, but maybe not at the timings you figure to. Nobody will guarantee, but you can be lucky too ;)
You unfortunately have to try it yourself.
But on the other hand, why not using DDR500? You payed for it.
DDR500@2,5-3-3-7 will perform better than DDR440@2-3-2-5. The Boardie Stummerwinter tested some ram. His results were, that higher FSB performs more than low latency at normal FSB.
You can find the test here: https://www.computerbase.de/forum/threads/takt-oder-timings-beim-ram-was-bringt-was-bei-einem-a64.161595/
Try to read it. Very interesting :)

The other thing are the yellow slots. If you use a newer Bios than the 310p you will have no Problems with them.
Bios files:
http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/other/114

I currently use the 702-1 Oscar Wu beta. A very good and stabel bios for the DFI.

Feel free for further questions :D

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
STFU-Sucker schrieb:
Hello and welcome @ Forumbase
Hi,

STFU-Sucker schrieb:
The Dimms you choose are quiet OK. They have to reach DDR 440, but maybe not at the timings you figure to. Nobody will guarantee, but you can be lucky too ;)
You unfortunately have to try it yourself.
But on the other hand, why not using DDR500? You payed for it.
DDR500@2,5-3-3-7 will perform better than DDR440@2-3-2-5. The Boardie Stummerwinter tested some ram. His results were, that higher FSB performs more than low latency at normal FSB.
You can find the test here: https://www.computerbase.de/forum/threads/takt-oder-timings-beim-ram-was-bringt-was-bei-einem-a64.161595/
Try to read it. Very interesting :)

The other thing are the yellow slots. If you use a newer Bios than the 310p you will have no Problems with them.
Bios files:
http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/other/114

I currently use the 702-1 Oscar Wu beta. A very good and stabel bios for the DFI.

Feel free for further questions :D

I know that Sandra, PcMark etc. are better with high frequency, it's logical.
In the main italian hw forum we spoke about that:

http://www.hwupgrade.it/forum/

But at the "practical use" (videogames) the fps doesn't change between a system overclocked at fsb 300 at 3-4-4.8 and another with the fsb 200 2-2-2-5.
The "Acquamark FPS" tests show that (look at 200 and 286):

I would like to buy a ram modules (2x1GB) that reach fsb 220 at 2-3-2-5 because i'll have a boost and i would overclock my A64 X2 4400 (200x11=2200) to reach the x2 4800 (200x12= 2400... 220x11=2420).
That's why.
It's not sure i have a particular lucky cpu and everyone says that an overclock of 200MHz every cpu can reach.
That's why. ;)

I have a direct feedback in the italian (and american) forum that the OCZ EB PC4000 Platinum can reach till 230 at 2-3-2-5 and 223 in the yellow slots of the DFI.
In Italy noone has the OC-Wear... and the OC-Wear in an email said to me that they don't want to communicate me the brand of the chip... it's a secret.
I wanted just to understand if they were the same of the OCZ (Infineon)...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
No one has these modules?
I haven't found anyone in Google who speaks about the OC-Wear.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Welcome on the BASE! :schluck:

From my side too!

I think, they are to new...;)

Here 2 GB OCing@HWL you will get a good overview at OCing 2 x 1 GB-modules.

I didn´t had any probs with the Zalman@DFI, either with normal modules (w/o HS), or eg OCZ-modules with HS.

Anhänge

• Zalman@DFI.jpg
    Zalman@DFI.jpg
    143,9 KB · Aufrufe: 216
Zuletzt bearbeitet:
stummerwinter schrieb:
Welcome on the BASE! :schluck:

From my side too!.
Vielen Dank ;)

stummerwinter schrieb:
I think, they are to new...;)

Here 2 GB OCing@HWL you will get a good overview at OCing 2 x 1 GB-modules.
Ich will deine OCZ Platinum... :D

Stop Deutsch... it's too stressing using the vocabulary and translate.
I don't understand why i can't find in all Germany (Geizhals) and Italy the OCZ EB PC4000 Platinum.

In the link there aren' the OC-Wear and i'm not so sure many G.Skill ZX can reach 262 2,5-3-2-5.
I have read in the Italian forums different owners that don't overclock more than 230 rock solid and not using 2,5-3-2-5.

But my Platinum are just 2 x 512 MB...:rolleyes:

I wouldn´t care to much about timings. I would recommend to focus on frequency...;)

Every time when I read something about OCing 2 x 1 GB, everbody say: G.Skill - as you can see @ HWL

About OC-Wear: I just can say positive things, and the 2 x 1 GB modules are quite nice, 250 @ 3-3-2-8 with 2,8 V is not to bad, maybe the reach more...;)

stummerwinter schrieb:
But my Platinum are just 2 x 512 MB...:rolleyes:
I was joking... ;)
I have sold my G.Skill (bought in Germany) to buy the 1 GB modules.

stummerwinter schrieb:
About OC-Wear: I just can say positive things, and the 2 x 1 GB modules are quite nice, 250 @ 3-3-2-8 with 2,8 V is not to bad, maybe the reach more...;)
They have the same timings of the OCZ EB PC4000 Platinum 3-3-2-8 at DDR500.
It's strange no one (ok, they are new) has a pair.
Like strange is that the OCZ aren't available.
For sure you know more shops.
Could you help me in pvt (if you prefer) to find someone who has available the OCZ, please?

This shop has a lot of different RAM

OCZ@h-h-e

OC-Wear@h-h-e

and also this one:

OCZ@hpm

It seems, that the OCZ is availible at 1st of December...;)

Both shops have good reputations here at the Base!

stummerwinter schrieb:
This shop has a lot of different RAM

OCZ@h-h-e

OC-Wear@h-h-e

and also this one:

OCZ@hpm

It seems, that the OCZ is availible at 1st of December...;)

Both shops have good reputations here at the Base!
It seems a good shop the first one. :)
I hope they'll receive today the ram.
I'll contact them.
The second (hpm) is very friendly (i have spoken with them two days ago because i found them on geizhals and they had a good feedback) but the date of deliver is unbekannt.

Ricky78Ita schrieb:
It seems a good shop the first one. :)
I hope they'll receive today the ram.
I'll contact them.
They don't confirm the date of the 1st of Decembrer (today).
Isn't there a shop who has available the OCZ EB PC4000 Platinum now? :)

If h-h-e don´t have, I guess it will be very difficult to get ist...:(

Just a little comment: the Mods don´t like double use, please use the EDIT-Botton, down right...;)

Sorry, I made a mistake, I want to say:

Just a little comment: the Mods don´t like double posts, please use the EDIT-Botton, down right...

You shouldn´t post two times in a row, better use the Edit button...;)

Here are the FB-Rules, unfortunately they are in german...:rolleyes:

stummerwinter schrieb:
Sorry, I made a mistake, I want to say:

Just a little comment: the Mods don´t like double posts, please use the EDIT-Botton, down right...

You shouldn´t post two times in a row, better use the Edit button...;)

Here are the FB-Rules, unfortunately they are in german...:rolleyes:
You have reason, sorry.

I was thinking about buying the OC-Wear PC3200/PC 4000 Big Twins Ultra.
Do you have information about the compatibility with the Asus SLi Premium motherboard?

OC-Wear (instead OCZ) doesn't guarantee the modules work in the yellow slots of my DFI (like you can see in the pics above it's high the risk i can't use the orange slot) and i would use them in the brand new system i have created (for my brother's office) that has the Asus and no one ram too...

If you can give me information about all you can find (OC-Wear is sold just in Germany) it would be very important for me.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I don´t hav any further information right now, Sry!

But why is there a problem using the RAM in the orange Slots with the Zalman?

My OCZ (Platinum and VX) worked without any problems in the orange slot combined with the Zalman...:freak:

stummerwinter schrieb:
My OCZ (Platinum and VX) worked without any problems in the orange slot combined with the Zalman...:freak:
Like in the 2 pics i havent' space... the g.skill are really short.
Who has the 2x1GB OCZ Platinum said to me that the height (with the modules inserted in the slots) is 3,6 cm.
I have 3,8 cm... i have to be very lucky.

My 512 MB Platinum have also 3,6 cm.

I would say, that all DDR-Modules have the save hight, it´s a normend standard...;)

It doesn´t matter, witch size of the modules...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
stummerwinter schrieb:
My 512 MB Platinum have also 3,6 cm.

I would say, that all DDR-Modules have the save hight, it´s a normend standard...;)

It doesn´t matter, witch size of the modules...
3,6 cm with the ram inside the slot and taking the measure from the motherboard surface?

It's important because i can't use the Corsair 3500LL PRO (they are higher).

Zurück
Oben