Metro Exodus Enhancet Edition - stuck at low gpu usage.

sew333

Lt. Junior Grade
Hello.
PC:
Monitor:AORUS FI27Q
Cpu: 10850K with Nzxt Kraken X73 ( 60c in game )
Gpu: Rtx 3090 Gaming Oc ( 60C in game )
Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3200MHZ XMP
Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W TX
mb: Aorus 490 Pro Gaming
SSD: Crucial 1TB Nvm SSD
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

I have a problem with Gpu usage on Metro Exodus Enhancet Edition after latest windows update KB5005033 H21H1. My gpu usage is like 40-55% during Taiga level + clock cpu is fluctuating like never before. And after intro in Sam story i have 55% gpu usage. Something get screwed. Few days ago i get normal gpu usage like 90-99%. No other programs in background. 50-60%. Before was 95%.
I am on 1440P , Ultra,DLSS QUALITY,rest maxed,Raytracing Raytraced.

I doubt its update because i checked again : Control, battlefield 5,quake 2 rtx and usage is 97%. Only in Metro.

Did you just try to uninstall that (for your cause of unintended behaviour) unneccessary/problem behaviour patch?

You could do this like removing any other program and keep that one in state "pending" like so:
Start->Prog (type it)->ENTER->Show installed updates (like so, im German and got the menu translated like it should show)->Uninstall your problem related update by hand.

That's the only conclusion i could give you since it's related to that specific update you named in your entry Post.

Hmmm i uninstalled KB the same issue.Installing now newest drivers.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
sew333 schrieb:
Installing now newest drivers.

I'm not specifically in this Game or Issue - but i know about several Game related issues in correspondence with Win-Update.

Maybe you got some sort of restore Point that you can back-forward to?
Ergänzung ()

sew333 schrieb:
Installing now newest drivers.

Always a good idea - and in fact if there was a Winupdate. Wish you luck buddy.

If unlucky, please try to consider this thread - it's German though, but the Translator should do it's Job about the neccessary point: https://www.computerbase.de/forum/threads/limitiert-cpu-xyz-die-graka-abc.818979/

Ok i uninstalled KB update and installed new nvidia drivers the same issue. Dont know maybe they broken game?

Please monitor the exact issue more precise as described in Post #4.

Screenshots (with Afterburner or alternatives) are alway welcome to predict and scout the issue.
Ergänzung ()

sew333 schrieb:
Dont know maybe they broken game?

Always could be - but if it ran like it should bevor the issue the point should be somewhere inside the Winupdates.

What exactly is the issue? Do you have low fps? With DLSS its easy to boost your fps to a capped number. Did you enable vsync (i always do)? That will cap your fps and your gpu usage will go down.

If you dont have any problems and just want your gpu to go full power, then disable DLSS.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Alexander2
Thats a good point with DLSS you probably just have reached a CPU Bottleneck because DLSS lowered the workload for the GPU a fair bit.

You have only a 1440p Resolution and enable DLSS, so the GPu is Rendering The Game at something like 1080p internally - No Wonder your GPU is not Fully Loaded.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: so_oder_so
Ok it working. A bit of messing about and it seems to be the crap epic overlay. Re-naming the exe in epic folder file seems to work , Now i have 90-99% gpu usage. Weird.

sew333 schrieb:
Ok it working. A bit of messing about and it seems to be the crap epic overlay. Re-naming the exe in epic folder file seems to work , Now i have 90-99% gpu usage. Weird.
I am having the same issue since I installed my RTX 3080 TI today. I play in 4k everything max. DLSS Quality or off doesnt change anything, the Card never goes above 79 to 85 percent GPU Usage. With my 3090 I had installed before i always had 99% usage. This issue never happened to you before with the epic overlay? It just started with the new Windows Update? What exe file did you rename in the Epic Folder and how did you call the exe now?

Thanks. Andi

I renamed both the 32 and 64 bit files EOSOverlayRenderer-Win32-Shipping.exe/EOSOverlayRenderer-Win64-Shipping.exe here:

\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Extras\Overlay

Name doesn't matter, you can delete it if you want - its just so the software doesnt find it. Start Epic launcher, rename/delete the overlay exe then launch the game.

Now gpu usage will be normal and fps :)

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: UNDERESTIMATED
sew333 schrieb:
I renamed both the 32 and 64 bit files EOSOverlayRenderer-Win32-Shipping.exe/EOSOverlayRenderer-Win64-Shipping.exe here:

\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Extras\Overlay

Name doesn't matter, you can delete it if you want - its just so the software doesnt find it. Start Epic launcher, rename/delete the overlay exe then launch the game.

Now gpu usage will be normal and fps :)
thanks, I was so mad that I uninstalled the game and the launcher, maybe i will reinstall it later. Already thought my new 3080 Ti was defect, but as all other games and benchmarks showed beetween 97 -100 Percent Gpu Usage I was already thinkin that the problem has to be somewhere else :)

Zurück
Oben