PC38x - Downgrade vom DT880 (250)?

Pict

Lt. Commander
Hi Leute,

ich bräuchte mal eure Beratung da ich mir nich sicher bin ob ich für meine Bequemlichkeit einen downgrade von meinen momentanen Audio Aufbau vor mir habe: Momentan betreibe ich am PC einen DT880 (250ohm) an einen objective ODAC2. Das Paar hat mich in FPS spielen eigentlich nie hängen gelassen. Den DT880 hatte ich mir ursprünglich ausgesucht da der neutrale Klang gerade in FPS der "Ortung" zur Gute kommen sollte.

Da ich mir dieses Jahr aber auch eine XB Series X gegönnt habe spiele ich wieder viel auf dem Sofa und den Nachbarn zurliebe mit dem DT880 am Denon AVR1500H. Jedoch fehlt mir natürlich ein Mikrofon bei diesem Aufbau. (Als Randnotiz, habe am PC ein SC450 USB an einem Arm, würde allerdings auch hier etwas Komfort begrüßen um nicht immer direkt vor dem Mic. sein zu müssen).

Das Sennheiser/Drop PC38X kam da bei mir die Tage häufiger in Suchen auf, wo viele gerade den "Gaming" sound als sehr gut empfinden. An der XB würde ich das ganze wohl direkt am Controller benutzen, am PC halt per adapter wieder am ODAC2 und das MIC per XLR adapter am UMC22 (habe die noch rumliegen).

Allerdings frage ich mich ob ich hier, zugunsten der Bequemlichkeit vom Headset (Modmics scheinen ja nicht an der XB zu laufen...) nicht einen zu großen Rückschritt beim Kopfhörer mache? Was meint ihr ?

Danke für eure Zeit!

Ganz schwer zu sagen, da das Gehör so krass unterschiedlich ist.
Auf dem Papier, bei den reinen rohen Werten eventuell ja.

Aber auch bei Dir? Das ist die große Frage.
Also bei Mäusen, Tastaturen und so würde das noch was einfacher gehen, beim Sound ist es aber einfach viel zu sehr abhängig von dir.
Hier eine Antwort zu geben, die deine Entscheidung maßgeblich beeinflussen kann ist nahezu unmöglich.
Besteht die Chance irgendwie/irgendwo den PC38X mal anzuhören? Ggf. Saturn/MediaMarkt etc.?

https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/560s-vs-tygr-300-r-vs-pc38x-vs-880-600ohm/17098
Habe ich gefunden, aber der 880 mit 600 Ohm.
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/t...eiser-pc38x/329/22543?usage=19&threshold=0.10

Vergleich mit dem 990
Vielleicht kann dir das ein wenig Hilfe bieten.

Das PC38X ist denke ich wohl einfach überhypt. Generell gibt es da immer unterschiedliche Aussagen, einerseits wird es von Youtubern (die kostenlose Kopfhörer von Drop bekommen hust) in den Himmel gelobt, wenn man sich dann aber in einigen Foren umhört, soll es gar nicht so gut sein.

Hier mal ein paar Worte aus Crinacle Reviews:

"Here’s where things get nasty.
How can I put it nicely… the PC38X is not resolving. It’s mostly surface-level detail with it, and definition takes a rather big hit as a result. Since we’re talking about a gaming headphone here I’ll use a game-related example here: use a high-enough RPM weapon and the PC38X would just make it sound like a single-tone laserbeam. Footsteps are hard enough to notice as it is given its tonal balance, and the environmental noise threshold required to overwhelm footstep noises is embarrassingly low on the PC38X compared to something like the HD600.
And that’s just talking about its resolution. Moving the topic to stereoimaging capabilities, the one thing a headphone like the PC38X is supposed to do well given its gamer branding, it’s not any better. The PC38X has HD650/6XX-levels of that infamous “3-blob imaging”, that is to say that it can really only properly localise “left, right, and centre”. The soundstage itself is rather intimate and narrow, and while this could be advantage considering that a more forward presentation does help in localisation, it’s not really a benefit in the PC38X’s case.
The PC38X is not a technical headphone, and certainly not one I’d recommend for hardcore gaming."

Hier noch ein paar Worte von Falenkor, der sich in seinem Thread auch sehr mit dem Thema beschäftigt:

"I keep getting asked this so for future reference I will start copying this response. PC37x is a decent entry level -headset- that by no means stands up to most of the headphones in terms of musicality and gaming. It is good for what it is and is a fantastic gaming headset… at the same time it’s not best for casual gaming because of it’s tuning and is quite bass lite. As for the pc38x, it is closer to being a clone of the GSP500 from sennheiser without the bass issue, the soundstage is slightly above the average and it has good imaging… but that is all it has going for it. It lacks detail, soundstage is prioritized to left right and center so it struggles at diagonals above and below for sound placement, seperation, is grainy and in some cases slightly sibilant on some songs or bullet whizzing down a hall, neutral bass, rather boring, decent mids. By classification I would rate the 38x as the -best gaming headset in it’s price margin- but the moment you hit the $200 and above margin of the gaming brand variety it loses to the tygr 300r and mmx300."

"As for the 38x… if were talking budget gamer where I only have $150 I dont want or cant afford amps yes… 38x is absolutely your best bet with mh751 being there next to it… and yes for ultimate budget? Agreed ksc75 is ridiculously good. However 38x is only there because things like 560s and tygr do not have a mic and are harder to drive… therefore dragging their cost up… In this regard yes… 38x is the one you want if your this heavily limited… this goes for a kids gift too if Christmas is coming up. I’d easily agree with resolve on the 560s as I find it heavily superior to 38x though. Also thanks to resolve for mentioning the weird 3 blob crap some of them have…

Edit: I feel the need to elaborate a bit here since I got a minute to actually type. The 38x is still not that “great”… its good for specifically budget and good for a headset… however heres the issues incase anybody cares

1. Mic quality is pathetic… regardless of the high praise you hear the muffling even during that video when he uses it… its actually worse than that from my experience with it
  2. it has imaging issues at certain spots and will occasionally just inaccurately place
  3. despite all this crazy praise of BIG SOUNDSTAGE… its really not that large or special… its just above the average… its large for its price and being a headset
  4. its treble is peaky, unrefined, and can be slightly uncomforable at times
  5. bass is probably the weakest point in the headphone…
  6. its primarily ONLY good for competitive fps… I would never really encourage for casual play as there are other options… despite the claims that its fantastic for music I would rather listen to my ksc75 than this piece of junk says something considering ksc is like… $12
  7. Its out of box clamp is ridiculous, takes a lot of stretching, and yet still puts a lot of pressure on the head… if your head is large its going to be a bad time for you
  8. The usual small oval shape speakers are per the norm… an issue for larger ears… if you had issues with a hyperx cloud or takstar or maybe other sennheiser 500 series? that issue is the same here
  9. Pads are thin and shallow… they are not thick and heavily padded which can also cause more discomfort
  10. Despite being a sennheiser… the quality in the mids is pretty lackluster compared to the headphone alternatives
  11. HD 560s is essentially the same as this… except it has practically none of the issues of the pc38x.
  12. The mic has cross talk problems… big time
  13. Multiple cases of wire failure have been reported
  14. multiple cases of the mic failing has been reported
  15. multiple cases of mic mute feature being busted reported
  16. multiple cases of bad speaker alignment for proper placement has been reported
  17. it DOES NOT work on all systems… older consoles struggle to run this like ps4… and older motherboards also struggle due to lack of power
  18. Its honestly quite ugly
  19. The build quality doesn’t inspire confidence as its the usual hard plastic lightweight frame
  20. Not the easiest to try for most people, let alone return due to Drop
  21. I would hands down recommend just about any headphone that has good performance over this… as you most likely will gain more respect and use out of that headphone than this…
  22. Separation is a cluster fuck in larger fps making this dominantly only really good at smaller fps

DESPITE ALL THIS ABOVE… it still SOMEHOW remains the best of the headsets… because in truth… the other alternatives are so unbelievably worse that I cannot even justify their price tags in 95% of cases"

Danke für die Tipps - dachte das gerade tests auf youtube eher dazu tendieren etwas positiver zu sein. Werde die links von euch beiden mal weiter durchstöbern!

Zurück
Oben