WHEA-LOGGER 19 when idling . 8700K. Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error

sew333

Lt. Junior Grade
Hello. I am checking event logs from 23.10.2018 and have spam of WHEA-LOGGER 19 entries, each every 1 minute,when system is idling or i am just in windows/desktop.

When i run all stress tests and benches and games like Assassin Creed, Far Cry 5,etc,all heavy for cpu and system....no whea in events. But when i am idling or doing something in windows or idling its logging in events. System is smooth and no crashing or data corruption.

Is this reason to worry? My actually Windows 10 is 1803.

Ah and i remember i had them too on 21.01 january but they dissapeared after 21.01 january.

On january 21.01 , Windows 10 1709 build 16299.15 it was.

But now they appeared again after few months. I must say that i was little surprised that i saw them again after few months especially on idle .

Windows 10 1803 actually.

A spam of:

WHEA Event ID 19 CPU-corrected hw error

A corrected hardware error has occurred.
Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error

Screens are from january 21.01 but this is the same of course warning whea entry:

u8.jpg

nn.jpg

My pc:
8700K ( MCE is on , always was on 4700mhz )
2x8GB DDR4 3000MHZ GSKILL
Corsair 750rmi
Asus Z370 Pro Gaming ( bios old from august 2017 )
Gtx 2080 Ti Gigabyte Windforce ( actually from october ). On january i had Aorus 1080 ti.
1xssd , 1xHdd

Dont have any crashing,no freezing,no bsods,scores are fine etc.

In 15.10 october i add only new GPU Rtx 2080 Ti , before was 1080 Ti. Coincidence? Anyway no problems with card,no issues etc.
So question. ANyway is this reason to worry or skip it if they stop it again?
Maybe something with voltage or something ( reading reddit ) but they appeared when system was idling ( not gaming ) and i was away from pc.
All drivers installed. Gpu drivers 411.70 and the newest i tried,the same.

Thanks
ps:No errors in ihc memtest i checked in past .

Had one of those while figuring out how low I could drop the voltage on my cpu so I'd probably play around a bit with the voltage and test if the error still occurs with a very generous setting but I doubt that's it considering your system is running stable otherwise and since that the case I don't think there is any immediate reason for concern.

Other than that - there were reports of those errors when Microsoft started fixing meltdown/spectre so I don't know if you don't update your bios to avoid getting potentially performance losing spectre fixes but that might solve your problem there as well.

so if bios is from august 2017 its not because of spectre/meltdown?

i found a pretty weird. When i dont open gpuz there are not whea logger in events each minute on idle only. Any ideas?

Are you using a negative voltage offset?

According to this topic.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...on)-not-working-Bios-fix-required-ASAP/page13

My motherboard have issue with vdroop,load line calibration , so i am getting that whea logger 19 only on idle,yes? So its my mobo fault i must rma or i can live with that if i dont have any side effects ?

Each whea warning 19 appear only on idle,1 warning each 1 minute. It happens even when i have killed all process in background.
No crashes,no freezes,etc,smooth all.

During load ,games or benchmarking no warnings in event log.

Bios from august 2017

Zurück
Oben