WHEA-LOGGER 19 Asus Z370 Pro Gaming

sew333

Lt. Junior Grade
Hello. I have a pc:

8700K ( 4700MHZ is on auto by motherboard )

2x8GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ XMP ON

Corsair 750i

SSD Crucial 525GB MX300

HDD TOSHIBA 500GB

Asus Z370 Pro Gaming bios 0215 from August 2017

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. The newest build 16299.309

Yesterday i was in work all day. Pc was on ,idling. Left in background was only steam + desktop.

Today searching in event logs i met WHEA-LOGGER 19 entry.

Here are screens:

image.jpg

image.jpg

I havent seen any affects that might be caused from this like BSODS or freezing. All stable. Intel diagnostic tool passing. Memtest86 no errors. IHC memtest no errors. Either way should i be concerned of that error or its false positive?

I had this errors in 21 january 2018 too. Then they stopped until 16 march 2018.

I was using Windows 10 build 16299.15 ( october 2017 release build before meltdown/spectre).

And of course pc was idling ,the same. That warnings just coming from nowhere out of the blue.

The Problem with errors like this is that they are hard to diagnose. WHEA Errors are often Hardware related or caused by drivers, overclocking or the BIOS itself.
First I would recommend to update the Bios and the chipset drivers.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Yes but this can happen out of the blue when system is not on load, but idling. So OC it does matter?

yes overclocking can be a problem in idle. Windows ist doing tasks in the background when not using it like updates or system maintenance. In that case the PC ist under load.
When the PC ist overclocked, try BIOS updates and chipset driver updates first. In case this dont help, try stock speeds.

When playing games 0 warnings. It can happen on idle and very rarely, like once for about 2 months.

Zurück
Oben