Linux driver

sophie4nn

Hello guys:) I installed a driver for my graphics tablet on my chromebook, but if I press "ok" (device is connected), to get into the button settings It wont let me and I don´t know why. I already restarted my laptop after installing the driver.

Anhänge

• Screenshot 2022-01-10 19.21.48.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-10 19.21.48.png
    289,8 KB · Aufrufe: 199
  • Screenshot 2022-01-10 19.21.09.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-10 19.21.09.png
    86,9 KB · Aufrufe: 196
can you show dmesg (last few lines, changes when re-plugging the tablet)
also:
lsmod
lsusb
Ergänzung ()

nevermind

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: ghecko
Are you running native Chrome OS? I'm also using an X-Pen Tablet (for Krita and Blender) but on a debian-based Linux.
Bildschirmfoto_2022-01-10_19-50-38.png

Gamor did already mention the many obstacles that ChromeOS provides.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Garmor schrieb:
Most likely because the linux mode on a chromebook is only a virtual machine which can't access the hardware. There are only a few models that are usable on Chrome OS, but you probably already know that: https://www.xp-pen.com/topic/detail/id/267.html
I have the deco pro s, that version should be connectable with Chrome OS, as I have read it.

ghecko schrieb:
Are you running native Chrome OS? I'm also using an X-Pen Tablet (for Krita and Blender) but on a debian-based Linux.
Anhang anzeigen 1170480
Gamor did already mention the many obstacles that ChromeOS provides.
Yes, exactly, which I already updated to the newest version (97.0.4692...). Would that work if I would install Debian?

Debian or plain Ubuntu would be a lot easier, better documented and less painfull. Can you decide which OS you would like to use on yourr Chromebook?

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: ghecko
madmax2010 schrieb:
Debian or plain Ubuntu would be a lot easier, better documented and less painfull. Can you decide which OS you would like to use on yourr Chromebook?
I really am a noob, and I don´t really know if I am destroying something, make it worse, or anything like that, but I´ve found a description (how does that sound?):

"Can you boot a different OS on a Chromebook?
Power on the Chromebook and press Ctrl + L to get to the BIOS screen. Press ESC when prompted and you will see 3 drives: the USB 3.0 drive, the live Linux USB drive (I am using Ubuntu) and the eMMC (the Chromebooks internal drive). Choose the live Linux USB drive. Choose the option Try Ubuntu without installing."

Well, it is no trivial matter to install Linux permanently on a chromebook, but it is possible.
I don't know how you use your Chromebook, it could be that you won't find all the apps and convenience you have know on Linux. But with linux, you certainly have access to a bigger software pool and no restrictions.

Normally I would not recommend this, but you are already trying to install packages via terminal and pushing the boundaries of what the Firmware allows, I guess you wouldn't have many issues with Linux.

A full Linux installation can wipe all of your data, so you should backup your files before you try anything.
A kind of dualboot is also possible with a chroot environment.

If you want to try, this is how you install Ubuntu:
https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/install-ubuntu-on-chromebook#1-overview

Be mindful that your Hardware isn't all that powerful...

ghecko schrieb:
Well, it is no trivial matter to install Linux permanently on a chromebook, but it is possible.
I don't know how you use your Chromebook, it could be that you won't find all the apps and convenience you have know on Linux. But with linux, you certainly have access to a bigger software pool and no restrictions.

Normally I would not recommend this, but you are already trying to install packages via terminal and pushing the boundaries of what the Firmware allows, I guess you wouldn't have many issues with Linux.

A full Linux installation can wipe all of your data, so you should backup your files before you try anything.
A kind of dualboot is also possible with a chroot environment.

If you want to try, this is how you install Ubuntu:
https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/install-ubuntu-on-chromebook#1-overview

Be mindful that your Hardware isn't all that powerful...
I will think about that. Thank you very much! It means a lot that you put care into solving my problem:-)

Zurück
Oben