Magisk breaks password unlock?

PCNoob3000

Cadet 2nd Year
Dear Android Community,

Disclaimer: I am new to rooting. Pls consider that & be patient. I might not understand everything in the first place [IMG]https://forum.xda-cdn.com/images/smilies/angel.gif[/IMG]

Okay - let's go.

1.) First off I installed the latest original firmware for my Samsung Galaxy J6 (SM-J600-FN)

2.) Then I installed the correct TWRP-version for my phone hopefully (TWRP-3.2.3-TwrpBuilder-j6ltedx-2018-08-21_14-15.tar)

3.) After that I used the standard Magisk rooting method by installing
no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0
RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2
Magisk-v19.3

4.) Then I installed Magisk Manager after my system booted for the first time and I am ready to explore everything rooting offers to me <3

BUT
What happened to me more than 5 times now. I installed everything I wanted, mostly rooting apps, Magisk modules & debloated my phone. My last step used to be to set a password, because I didn't want to always type in my password cause of the many reboots I had to make...

THAT HAPPENED
After I set my password, no matter what action led my phone to turn off it's screen, it told me to access my password & the result is still very frustrating because it said that the code is WRONG everytime?! How can that be I thought. First of all I thought I made a stupid mistake & couldn't remember it right...

BUT
Immediatetly after I typed the CORRECT password (I did this method min. 5 times, including installing original frimware with Odin or through installing my OrignialBackupFirmware through TWRP, so I know now, It's not my fault. It must be something else) the lockscreen said it was uncorrect and my phone put itself in a...

BOOTLOOP
This bootloop is different from what I've seen before, because it starts with the Samsung logo. Shows the lockscreen for some seconds (I can't enter my password from here) and starts to loop again. But from here I fortunately can get into TWRP recovery without having to install the system again with Odin.

THEN
I thought it had something to do with the software I installed, with magisk modules or with debloating, but now I've figured that this wasn't the case.

EVEN
When my system is just freshly rooted and everything is untouched this bad error happens.

NOW
I want to ask for help because I don't know how to solve this issue & I came across this post, where it says that I should delete following files:

password.key
pattern.key
locksettings.db
locksettings.db-shm
locksettings.db-wal

...but I don't want to risk encountering this roor again, because I want to spare time, energy and I am wasted from installing & rooting & configuring my system over and over again...

Thx for helping me!!
Your John One ^-^

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: ItWasn'tMe
Deine anderen Beiträge sind auf deutsch, diese Sprache würde ich auch für dein Anliegen in nem German Forum vorschlagen.

Auf English fallen viele User die lesen, schreiben, helfen wollen direkt weg, weil es nicht ihre Native Language ist.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Did you ever get a solution?
I'm facing the exact same problem on a samsung j810m with android 10.

Sorry for posting in english but I couldn't find a way to contact PCNoob3000 directly.

Zurück
Oben