10850K shutdown pc

sew333

Lt. Junior Grade
Hi dear users. I have had an problem today.

My pc:
Seasonic PRIME TX-850 80Plus Titanium 850W
10850K stock 4800mhz stock Kraken X73 good temps
2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP
Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium
Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming ( 2x8 pin , 2 separate cables )
Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming
1 TB SSD

I bought pc in march 2021. No single issue,no reboots,no shutdowns. I played all games for many hours,no issues.During 7 months of use i had week ago first pc shutdown, during launching intro advertisement part in Metro Exodus. Happened once. Pc just shutdown. To reboot i pressed power button.
Happened after launching game on intro advertisements part.

My question is. It was psu issue or maybe other hardware?

I remember that when pc goes off ,monitor flickered after 10 seconds +-. That not happens when i shutting down manually.

Also i have pc until march 2021.

Is psu going just bad,rma or what you recommend for me. Thank you. Or maybe it was brownout? But other appliances stays ON: router and laptop (battery OFF , POWER ON)

ps:
Also I think it was not.
It's not overcurrent protection getting triggered.
That causes complete shutdown of PSU needing power cycling to clear it.
I don’t have to flip switch.

Hey,

would you mind showing us a screenshot of the system's reliability history?
sew333 schrieb:
2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP
Does this happen to be Aegis RAM?
Additionaly: Which software is active in the background?

You can test your System without your Graphicscard with your Intel Onboard Gpu UHD Graphics 630.
Maybe you have a problem with your RTX 3090. Flickering and shutdown can produced from your Gpu.

Which of the 3 questions are you referring to by saying 'all stock'? :)

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: rg88
If it happens again in the same setting? I mean is this reproduceable? It could be also be a software issue. Perhaps the Windows Event Manager can show some details.

Happened once not again. KERNEL POWER only in event logs.

Or maybe i had brownout? But isnt pc should be rebooted ,not shutdown? Also other applicances in room was on <router,laptop>

Can your system sustain a CPU and GPU stresstest at the same time?

Kernel Power as long as not shown in terms of whea means nothing tragic.

First thougt , ur problem often is related when playing Metro Exodus. I know from the past that this game(code) often renders whea erros ( Same Story Apex Legends and an older Minecraft version)

First solution i would prefer is to check your memory with memtest ( you use XMP )y

Second , raise voltage or a higher level of Loadline Calibration. ( Msi Level 1 Highest and Gigabyte Level 1 lowest)

Third , Metro is using AVX instructions, so try a lower offset OR raise the current levels your CPU can use.

EDIT : OMG sew its you again, you post your questions all across the world in every forum for the last 3 years i guess 😂 …please to shorten this , disable HYPERTHREADING and tell me if it fixed all your problems !! Give it a try , disable HT for gaming results in higher fps due to less latency penalty and no cache trashing, less voltage needed , less heat ) please give it a try and let me know !

yah i was thinking about the same SHoreLooser. Metro Exodus Enhanced sometimes whows Whea Internal Parity. It happens mostly often game is loading level. Sometimes only. So i think that shutdown was something related to game too or that wheas maybe. Also wheas internal parity happens after system was idle and then i run Metro Exodus Enhanced. 3-4 days idle , then run game, and whea will appear. Weird?

ps:
Yes i run KarhuRamTest for 12 hours no errors.
I tested other games for 12 hours no shutdowns: Battlefield 5,Quake 2 rtx, Watchdogs Legion,Cyberpunk 2077,Battlefield 5,Crysis 3 remaster,Metro Exodus Enhanced ( menu and game ), COD Vanguard,Serious Sam 4,Control,3dmark, Cinebench + Metro < both at same time > , no shutdowns.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Avx related wheas often get right in before the crash called in ! Always remember 10th ist the worst generation in terms of memory controller + stress + hyperthreading! I found a dude who had to lower its stock avx offset to become TRUE stable in an uk forum!!
Ergänzung ()

You can be sure if it never happens again 😁 else u simply turn HT back on OR just a few cores with HT enabled which have the best temperatures for example

But during shutdown ( intro 30 fps low load ) there was not any wheas.0 Wheas

i said OFTEN called in , not always. U said u‘ve got whea before…a few. That means what i said , your in trouble with HT ;) you can raise voltage a tone or llc but just to FIND the culprit…turn HT off and try it 4 a while

But Battlefield 5 and other games not generating WHEAs its AVX too.Only Metro

Bg2042 was the onliest game with whea ive got , only HT off helped…so whats your point ? 😅
Ergänzung ()

Try Ht off and come back

My problem or not problem was about shutdown during loading intro 30 fps in Metro Exodus Enhanced which happened once. Not about whea problem. :)

Zurück
Oben