Asrock Deskmini B660 wrong BIOS

Gothw

Hello everyone!
I need a little help.

I bought a Deskmini B660M-STX (also on the motherboard is written "B660M-STX rev 1.02")
But the BIOS installed is for another model!! is for the Deskmini B660M-ITX/ac ( https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B660M-ITXac/index.asp#BIOS ).

And this situation created more problems:

In BIOS, the CPU is detected correctly, but in the H/W Monitor it doesn't show the temps nor the fan speed. (so it doesn't regulate the speed).
Also the LAN port doesn't work.
Also it doesn't detect the second M.2 socket.
Also it doesn't detect the NVME SSD.

Installing windows using a SATA SSD is working, but is limited because there is no internet.

I did try updating the BIOS with the ROM for B660M-STX , but it didn't recognize the ROM for this model.

I also tried the following:

I downloaded on a usb drive, from asrock, the BIOS 13.02 and 14.02 for B660M-STX, also added the BIOS 9.02 for B660M-ITX/ac (to test if the BIOS flashing is working).
Then according to instructions Tools / Instant Flash:
It recognized only the version BIOS 9.02 for B660M-ITX/ac. It didn't see the right ROM`s for the B660M-STX.

So i cannot change the BIOS to the correct model.

I checked the B660M-ITX/ac and it does not resemble my motherboard.

Maybe there is a tool to force the bios flashing with the correct ROM.
can I change the BIOS to the correct version "B660M-STX"?

Thank you!

I hadn't asked this the last time, but: have you bought the Deskmini from a vendor or is this a second-hand purchase?

If you bought it regularily from a vendor, I would just send it back and order a replacement. Or let the vendor fix that thing.

If you bought it from a private person, I would ask that person, what he did to that poor Deskmini and how to revert it using his tool.

Have you tried the 3.02 B660M-STX Bios too?

Have you sent a message to Asrock Support about this?

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Gothw
Hey TriceO,
Thanks for the reply!

Yes i did try all available BIOS for B660M-STX, including 3.02. It does not see them. And i dont know how to force it to install the correct rom.

I bought it from a shop a few months back, and it was new, not a open box or returned item.
(Until yesterday i didn't find time to start assembling this minipc. Now seems i will have to spend a lot more time in fixing it.)

Yep, wrote them a letter, hope to get the a quick answer. But i think they will just tell me to send it back. )

Hi,

Update to my problem:

I solved the problem by Flashing Bios Chip with a ch341a bios programmer.
If anyone is interested, I use this guide:

[GUIDE] Flash BIOS with CH341A programmer

I flashed the correct Bios version (B660M-STX) taken from the asrock website.
Now it seems to work as it should.

And asrock support didn't bother to reply to my email sent last year :)

Thanks for all advices and All the best to all!

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: DerkleineGrisu
Zurück
Oben