Fritzbox 7520 für Glasfaser oder 1&1 ist doof?

FedeESDE

Ich verwende DeepL, um dies zu übersetzen. Bitte entschuldigen Sie etwaige Fehler. (English below)

Meine Freundin und ich sind im September nach Dresden gezogen. Wir haben mit 1&1 einen Vertrag über Glasfaser 250 MB abgeschlossen. Es ist jedoch November und wir konnten keine Verbindung zum Internet herstellen. 1&1 hat uns eine Fritzbox 7520BT geschickt und sonst nichts, unser Zuhause hat den Glasfaseranschluss, aber kein Glasfasermodem. Sie behaupten, dass die Fritzbox eine Verbindung zum Telefonanschluss herstellt und eine Verbindung zum Internet herstellen sollte. Dem ist aber nicht so, wir versuchen ihnen seit Wochen zu erklären, dass die Fritzbox 7520 nicht für den direkten Glasfaseranschluss bereit ist.

An manchen Tagen heißt es, dass ein Kollege vorbeikommen und unsere Verbindung überprüfen muss. Aber als ich mit dem Online-Support gechattet habe, sagten sie mir, wir sollten die FB 7520 zurückgeben und uns eine 5530 besorgen. Ich rief sie jedoch an und sie sagten NEIN, 7520 sei gut für einen Glasfaseranschluss.

Wir werden verzweifelt.

Gibt es eine Möglichkeit, das zu beheben? Sollen wir uns einfach ein eigenes Glasfasermodem besorgen? Oder muss es ein 1&1 Modem sein?

_________

My girlfriend and I moved to Dresden in September. We signed a contract for fiber optic 250MB with 1&1. However, it’s November and we haven’t been able to connect to the internet. 1&1 Sent us a Fritzbox 7520BT and nothing else, our home has the fiber optic connection but no fiber optic modem. They claim the Fritzbox connects to the telephone port and should connect to the internet. But it’s not the case, we have tried for weeks to explain to them that Fritzbox 7520 is not ready for direct fiber optic connection.

Some days they say a colleague will have to stop by and check our connection. But when I chatted with the online support they told me that we should return the FB 7520 and get a 5530. However, I called them and they said NO, 7520 is good for a fiber optic connection.

We are getting desperate.

any way to fix this? Should we just get your own fiber optic modem? or it has to be 1&1 Modem?

Yes. We have a 250MB contract, we have tried everything with 1&1 but they don't send us a modem. IF I buy a telekom version it would be easy to install? Plug-Play?
Ergänzung ()

DLMttH schrieb:
Hi, do you have an actual fiber contract though? Does your contract state 40 oder 50 mbps upload speed?

Probably. Telekom version will suffice.
So if I buy a telekom version, I just connect everything and it would in theory work?

Thanks!

Are you sure there is no fiber modem already in your apartment or house? A lot of the time, 1&1 uses the internet line that Telekom has provided. And Telekom usually puts a fiber modem by default in the apartment. My sister had the fiber modem inside the fuse box, which was inside a small storage room.

Yeah, we are pretty sure

This is what our 1&1 portal looks like:
Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 14.35.16.png

xNeo92x schrieb:
A lot of the time, 1&1 uses the internet line that Telekom has provided.
It's obviously the case here. No need to discuss.

xNeo92x schrieb:
And Telekom usually puts a fiber modem by default in the apartment.
Not anymore.
Ergänzung ()

FedeESDE schrieb:
This is what our 1&1 portal looks like:
In that case, it's obvious, buy the Glasfaser Modem 2 and we'll look further when it has arrived.

Maybe show us the Fiber outlet before, just to be safe.

xNeo92x schrieb:
Are you sure there is no fiber modem already in your apartment or house? A lot of the time, 1&1 uses the internet line that Telekom has provided. And Telekom usually puts a fiber modem by default in the apartment. My sister had the fiber modem inside the fuse box, which was inside a small storage room.
So the box where the modem should go is empty, seems that the previous tenants took the modem with them

The box where the modem goes even says Telekom

Exactly that one
Ergänzung ()

Inside there's a fiber optic cable not a RJ45 (Cat5e). I'll upload a photo later once I'm home

FedeESDE schrieb:

1&1 should send a technician to change the box where the modem goes to a currently used one.
You still will need a modem, but have an outlet where you actually connect the modem to. With the current box it could be that you have to fiddle around with the fiber optic cable and could possibly damage it.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: rezzler und DLMttH
In some houses there is a common converter from fibre to DSL for all tenants in the house. If your house has this too, you simply can connect FB7520 to the telephone connector in your room. Use DSL input of 7590 to connect.

Zurück
Oben