Rebranded Asian OEM notebooks with EU warranty, modern netbooks

NetbookFan

I'm not sure how acceptable English is on this forum, but I try. Clevo is a well known Taiwanese OEM notebook manufacturer whose products are sold in Europe under the Schenker brand among others. They aim at the higher end of the market, 800 euros plus.

As my nickname implies, I fancy (modern) netbooks, fanless notebooks to say the least. Here's an OKish one I have found:

https://www.csl-computer.com/notebooks-tablets/notebook-csl-r-evolve-c14i-120gb-win-10-home.html

The reviews on Amazon Germany aren't bad, for the AMD model I was able to dig up:

https://www.amazon.de/CSL-REvolve-inkl-Win10-UltraSlim-Notebook/dp/B082YBN3LT

Personally I would prefer a little smaller screen like 13.3" for a notebook like this and a little better processor like Pentium or the new AMD low power processor for fanless computers (and a QWERTY keyboard) but life isn't perfect.

Anyway, this isn't really a What notebook should I buy? thread but it would be cool to know which OEM makes this particular model. Or any other worthwhile modern netbooks (fanless notebooks) of Asian origin sold with an EU warranty and having proper support. By proper support I mean including security updates to the BIOS, too. As far as I know Clevo doesn't offer low end machines.

I was able to identify some Chuwi notebooks sold under the German brand Trekstor but both Chuwi and Trekstor got more mixed reviews so I wouldn't really trust them. Especially I've read Chuwi users experiencing problems with their computers' BIOS and Chuwi provides zero support for their issues.

I dont know if there's a general policy about english on this forum but I for myself couldnt care less :)

Since the CSL REvolve seems to be sold through CSL Computer, a quite reknown system seller in Germany, I would recommend asking them directly through their homepage / concact form if you want further information about the manufacturer behind the device.

Zurück
Oben