Energiesparplan Zen2/Zen3 (Ryzen 3000/5000)

Hi,

Sorry to write in English but my german is quite rusty.

i've been linked to this power plan and i've been curious.

I'm running a 5900x with a Dark Hero switch
My settings are :
Per ccx : 47/46 @1.26
PBO curve -15/-20/-30
limits :motherbard
Core boost override : +100
scalar : auto
cpu current capability : 140
Llc 3
Global C-state Control = Enabled
Power Supply Idle Control = Low Current Idle
CPPC = Enabled
CPPC Preferred Cores = Enabled
PSS= Enabled
PPC Adjustment = PState 0

My load temps were good, around 60 to 70 kinda but the idle temps were an issue for me. I know, they are not that important and it's just me but seeing a cpu sitting at 50c while doing nothing triggers me.

i've tried this power plan and now it goes down to 36c even when browsing, watching youtube or netflix, it's night and day.

However i've read people saying that kind of power plan is "useless" for a Ryzen Zen3. Why? With the benches i've ran, scores are quite the same and temps are cooler so is there any reason not to use it?

Thanks !

It's OK to use this Plan. It was optimized long ago for Ryzen 3000. So there is no guarantee that it's working perfect with Ryzen 5000. But there are a lot of happy User with it.

I'm using Windows Balanced in cases where i need Power and have no problems with idle temperature.
I have no things in the backround what can maybe trigger the CPU.

Ryzen ist so easy and fast triggered by backround things.

I have tested a lot with Powerplans for Ryzen 5000. It's much harder to make the perfect Plan. Any Change can have a big Impact for the 0,1 and 0,2% frametimes.

But if you are happy with it and no issues, than use it.

My Ryzen 5000 Plan has a more specific usecase, optimized for Games that don't need much Power, because the 5000 boosting to much. Even than the Power ist not needed.

Sry my bad english :)

Is the Ryzen Sz plan good when gaming as well i mean i'm not losing too much performances with it?

My idle temps or just browsing are around 50c on windows balanced. I know it's safe but i just don't like that :)

Thanks again :) (and you're english is good and even so i'm french myself so i won't judge lol)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
In the past i could see a little drop in performance, especially the 0,1% and 0,2% frametimes were 20 fps lower in some games.

So i made one of my tests again ( 10 minutes ago ^^) and can say its better now.
Nearly the same performance as Win Balanced, no more big drop in the 0,1 and 0,2%.

I think i have to test my other games again.

But for now i can say the sz_cb V4 Plan is very good. Use it 👍

( tested with 5900X and 6900XT )

Great ! Thanks, i've read lot of post where people were saying using another thing than balanced on Ryzen 5000 is useless so i was wondering why.

I made some tweak to to switch easily between plans
1624292997083.png

Or you can download the PowerPlanSwitcher from the Win Microsoft Store. Its free.
Than you have a menu near your clock.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Etymotic
I use the powerplan switcher too, nice app for windows to change the plan very fast from my taskbar

powerpl.jpg

Forgot to ask my settings were ok with this plan and if i can keep pbo enabled

Thank

Moin Leute,
Wird es denn eine Version 5 noch geben für die ryzen 3000er? Oder hat sich das jetzt alles erledigt? Bin super zufrieden mit der vierten Version. Könnte ja sein, das er noch etwas aus dem Plan rausgekitzelt hat.^^

Eisi32 schrieb:
Moin Leute,
Wird es denn eine Version 5 noch geben für die ryzen 3000er? Oder hat sich das jetzt alles erledigt? Bin super zufrieden mit der vierten Version. Könnte ja sein, das er noch etwas aus dem Plan rausgekitzelt hat.^^
Nein, es wird kein Update des universalen Plans geben. Nach tage- & wochenlangen Tests brachte jede weitere Optimierung einer Stelle größere Nachteile an anderen Stellen. Es lief dann quasi darauf hinaus, dass es 2 getrennte Sparpläne für "max powersave" & "powersave performance" hätte geben müssen. Aber das war nicht mein Ziel.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: MrHugelberg und Oakley
Hi i have a last question

Can i put the PSU Idle Control to typical instead of low current with the power plan? Seems it causes some instability

Thanks

Glück Auf! @All :-)

Erstmal DANKE für die Arbeit, der BalancedV4 läuft bei mir SUPER!!

Keine ahnung ob dat hier schon Thema gewesen ist aber....

Nutze den "PowerPlanSwicher" und hat auch immer super gefunzt.

Jetzt, nach irgend nem Update vermutl.,
muss ich nach jedem PC start den BalancedV4 Händisch auswählen.

Habe den BalancedV4 schon gelöscht und NEU hinzu gefügt.
PowerPlanSwitcher auch....

Nach nem "Neustart" ist auch immer irgend ein Energieplan dran, nicht der gleiche.

Wat mach ich Falsch oder habe ich verpennt??

Danke und Gruss.... :-)

MSI Center oder Dragon Center für dein MSI-Board installiert?

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: ExBergmann
Sepp Depp schrieb:
MSI Center oder Dragon Center für dein MSI-Board installiert?

Danke aber nein, ist nicht Install.

Zurück
Oben